Inexpensive Dyneema stuff sacks

There's a person on ebay selling them right now. They look to be pretty heavy duty (1.43 oz./yard DCF), and prices seem reasonable. I have no idea how well made they are, but it might be worth picking one up one of the smaller ones (he makes several different sizes), to see. If the quality is good you could always purchase more. Just do a search under cuben fiber.

Just saw the link that LoneStar posted above, don't know how I missed that.

Last edited:
Just the ones listed above along with a couple zpacks. I’ve never tried making anything out of DCF as I’m not much of a seamstress. Here’s some miscellaneous roll top dry bags, zipper bags, and a couple stuff sacks. I used a 1/2 gallon growler for size comparison. All of these come to a total wt. of about 10-12 oz. The heaviest ones there are the Mountain Laurel Designs XL roll tops that come in at 1.9 oz. each, and will easily hold 4 growlers plus.
4abc9efbe4f642ea96528bb5b808fd7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to try the HMG. Are you using the medium or the large for your sleep system? What size bag are you using? I have a WM Badger GWS 15°. What do you think will work for me?

i see another option is these nylofume bags. they seam lightweight and fairly durable im gonna see about trying those. in bulk there little over a $1 but dont think i want 50 of them lol...

I've bought them on Facebook marketplace before for very reasonable prices. There's a few backpacking buy sell trade groups there and some folks make them and sell them.

mro

FNG
Tyvek usps bags with drawstring collar sewn in (optional packing tape reinforcement). Basically free.

I would much rather spend that dyneema cash on an item with higher leverage weight savings (oz/dollar).

Paying up for waterproof is a waste, IMO. Look at Outdoor Research stuff bags - quality, guaranteed forever. Company is awesome to work with.

Lawnboi

WKR
The mld cuben dry bags have been working great. The xl is huge and can be used as a pack liner, for a pretty big pack, for almost no weight.