Inexpensive work pants

BadDogPSD

WKR
I buy Duluth when they have a good sale. I also buy Carhartt from various discount resellers like Sierra, Dungarees, etc..

B

Brando'

The wrangler Riggs ranger pants are the best pant I’ve ever worn. On Amazon they are $40. I’m a forester so I’m hiking up mountains year round and busting through brush. They last a year if wearing them hard. I have about 6 pairs and rotate them. They last much longer that way. They are stiff but after several wears they loosen up and are very comfortable. Not too hot to wear in Virginia summers. Best pant ever.

Elk97

WKR
The Wrangler Riggs double front denim jeans are on sale now on Amazon for $21. They are heavy and hot in summer but last forever.

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
When I still worked in the field (construction) I had the best luck with Rothco pants. They were cheap and held up to abuse well. Not nearly as light as something like the nylon Wranglers, but I’m a fan of cotton working outside in the heat.
Why are you a fan of cotton in the heat? I am much cooler and less sweaty in synthetics or light merino wool.

*zap*

WKR
since water conducts heat away from skin damp cotton is the best to stay cool when working in hot conditions.

Reactions: BLJ

Drenalin

WKR
Why are you a fan of cotton in the heat? I am much cooler and less sweaty in synthetics or light merino wool.
Versus polyester or nylon, my experience is the opposite of yours - I'm a lot cooler in cotton in the heat. Feels like nylon especially traps heat against my skin. With polyester, I don't feel the cooling effect Zap mentions above that I get with wet cotton. Basically, cotton is a good idea in the heat for exactly the same reasons that it's a bad idea in cold and wet conditions.

Darryle

WKR
I have been wearing 13MWZ since grade school. I learned early on after I started paying for them, starch is your friend. I have a couple dozen pair that are several decades old. They get worn daily, usually 2 -3 days at a time and they still look fantastic.

I do have Prana, Wrangler carpenter, Wrangler Hiking and Magellan hiking pants, but for the price, the Wrangler Hiking pants are hard to beat. They do pill easily with time, not near as durable as the first generation Prana pants.

jpmulk

WKR
Ive been pretty impressed with the Wrangler hiking pants at Wal-Mart. They are comfortable, and inexpensive at only 25 bucks. I haven't had them long enough to check durability, but i know many people on here wear them, maybe they can chime in.
Ive been wearing these pants for three years and love them. Most comfortable, cheap, durable pant. Cant beat em.

KCL27

FNG
+1 on wrangler ATG. The nylon pants are awesome, and have held up well to concrete work. They also double as great lightweight hunting pants

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on what you are using them for and how hard you are on them but I am a welder/fabricator/installer and have used the carhartt duck double front utility pant and have liked how they have held up towards the abuse I put them through. $60 isn’t on the cheap end though.