Inexpensive work pants

rabbithuntr

Lil-Rokslider
I have been wearing wrangler 13mwz jeans my whole life, recently got some Riggs rip stop pants and liked their lighter weight but they are more expensive and don’t really last any longer. Im generally pretty hard on my clothing. I’m looking for recommendations on lightweight pants that are durable and inexpensive. I know this probably a case of you get to choose 2 but I thought I would ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what price you're paying for the wranglers but galls.com has some under armour tactical guardian pants on clearance for under $30, super cheap from normal price. I own a pair and they've been pretty durable for me but haven't seen everyday hard use. They held up through a couple rabbit hunts and many hiking trips and are still ticking.

Drenalin

WKR
When I still worked in the field (construction) I had the best luck with Rothco pants. They were cheap and held up to abuse well. Not nearly as light as something like the nylon Wranglers, but I’m a fan of cotton working outside in the heat.

Wrangler guide pants are incredible for $20.

The threads aren't crazy durable but with a good sewing kit they fix right up. I don't think you'll beat these for the price.

Slugz

WKR
Duluth Firehose Flex.
4 or five different thickness of material. 10 or so options on cuts at the boot and fit.

I love my wrangler hiking pants, but it's hard to beat the durability and weight of denim. The heavier canvas like carhart are stiff and pretty warm. Wrangler has some denim now with some stretch to it, not super expensive, and the cheaper pair I've got I'm using as work jeans and like so far.

Fitzwho

WKR
The Wranglers that most everybody is talking about are the ATG Synthetic Utility pant. I have two pairs and just ordered two more.

Jake195

FNG
5.11 when they’re on sale has some good inexpensive pants, and they go on sale pretty often

TheHammer

WKR
5.11 when they’re on sale has some good inexpensive pants, and they go on sale pretty often
The 5.11s I’ve found to work the best for me is the apex. They are warm enough for Wisconsin winter and breathe well enough for training and working. Some of the cheaper ones do not breath, but are very light weight. Also on the ariat rebar, they are pretty durable but not light or forgiving in heat.

Love my Wrangler ATG pants. I have 4 pairs now and that’s all I wear. My Wrangler denim’s just sit on the shelf. Switch them out every now and again with my Kuiu attack pants in solid colors. I only where the Kuiu’s when I’m not working.

woods89

WKR
I'm a remodeling contractor, and I really like the Duluth Firehose Flex. I buy them when they go on sale, and they last long enough to be worth the money.

HoytHntr4

WKR
Love wrangler ATG’s, but may not be durable enough for some peoples line of work but at least they’re cheap and easily replaced

Mojave

WKR
The 5.11s I’ve found to work the best for me is the apex. They are warm enough for Wisconsin winter and breathe well enough for training and working. Some of the cheaper ones do not breath, but are very light weight. Also on the ariat rebar, they are pretty durable but not light or forgiving in heat.
5.11's are like a cheap motel, there is no ball room.

Walmart, Dickies carpenter jeans, not pricey, easy to move in wear like iron. all I buy anymore.

I just ordered two more pair of these wranglers. They’re about $60pr, which is bs for Bangladeshi britches. They have a stretch waist band and some stretch in the denim. I climb transmission towers every day in them. Way more comfortable than 13mwz. IMG_0704.png

I wore the same 5 or 6 pairs of pants every single day for 7 years straight in Afghanistan as a contractor. Rigging sling loads, driving forklifts, hanging out of helicopters...
I'm pretty sure they Academy's in house brand and were like $25... Those ultralight/thin zip off leg cargo pants. Genuinely surprised they held up... I threw them in the trash before I came home in 2021, not because they were worn out, but because I had gained 50lbs of muscle in my last year over there and my legs/ass were too thick for them.
That said... REI has similar pants they are definitely better, but also more expensive. I have 5 or 6 pairs of those also.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Wrangler ATG’s is all I wear nowadays. Forget the denim especially when it gets hot. I’ve got over a year on my first pair and they fine. There’s a wrangler outlet store not far from me and they have them for $25, which makes them a no-brainer option.