Inreach to inreach communication

Pgohil

WKR
Can anyone please share any tips on inreach to inreach communication in the mountains. Other than the basics of how to send a message inreach to inreach I'm a little lost.

Thank you.

PGohil
WV

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Virtually the same procedure as sending a message to a cell phone number or email address, you just put the other person's inReach address ([email protected]) in the recipients field, type your message, and hit send. In my experience, inReach-to-inReach messages usually take a few minutes to be delivered, but that can vary depending on satellite visibility.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Yes, I understand how to send inreach to inreach messages. I just didn't know if there were any other features that may be specific to that communication..

muddydogs

WKR
What features do you want? Your location will be sent to the other inreach in the message.

If you'r doing a lot of inreach to inreach set your message interval to 2 minutes so the unit checks more often on manually check for messages.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Is there anyway to ping another inreach? Just like at home my wife can go online and see where I'm at at any given point (as long as my inreach is on). That would be helpful, but I don't see how In could work in the field.