Integrating jetstream into whitetail collection

How are you using the jetstream for whitetail hunting? I just received the new version in elevated. Already have the stratus set. I sort of see me using this for post season scouting walks etc. anybody wearing it under stratus? I typically use a traverse or puffy for that.

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
I love the Jetstream. It's basically very similar as the stratos as it's a wind stop layer intended for outer layer.

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
I use mine, but rarely for actually hunting deer. It’s a solid softshell. Random work uses, or in a pack of expecting rain.

Stratus is basically a fleece faced jet stream. Both great pieces. Stratus is quieter. Jetstream is going to handle rain better and won’t snag as easily. I guess you could wear both at once but it doesn’t seem necessary or all that functional. I would prefer a good midweight fleece or something ipunderneath.

Buckhead

FNG
I have a first generation Jetstream in OC. (No hood or pit zips). It blends in well with EV2, almost same camo pattern. Most of my hunting is in N Georgia, generally from tree stands. Great as an outer shell, layer underneath as needed. Use it down to freezing, then switch to my heavier stuff and bibs. Don’t bow hunt much these days, so noise isn’t a factor, although pretty quiet.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I think the jetstream is more versatile than the stratus. Other than quieter fabric and harness port not much difference. And removable hood. But the collar on the stratus is stiff and always up. I upsized my Jetstream to layer under and use it way more. If the traverse was windproof I would sell my stratus.
I've been through thick nasty stuff in my jetstream and it's a must have.
I'm wearing mine in my avatar. Bear hunting north GA mountains.

I ditched the stratus for the Jetstream. I like the hood better, better fit for layering, and it has pit sleeves. I find the noise the face fabric makes compared to the stratus to be negligible. I also prefer how the jetstream handles moisture. The stratus soaked up snow and rain like a damp dish rag. I'll use the Jetstream on its own or with the ambient jacket into the 30s before.i reach for the heavies.

I will say, I do use the stratus pants though. Absolutely love the warmth and the pocket layout.

i use the jetstream whitetail hunting over the fanatic/ambient hoodies until it gets below freezing. Then ill switch over to the fanatic setup.

Stratus is way better for whitetails. They are basically the same piece with the stratus having specific feature making even better for ambush hunting. Specifically, it is more quiet and slightly warmer. If I had both pieces in EV2, I would never wear the jetstream while in the stand. It does do better when being active though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I laugh when I hear that the Jetstream is too loud for bowhunting considering I worn it from Arctic Circle down to Mexico bowhunting just about everything. I have three Jetstreams jackets and I also have the Stratus, of the two I would take the Jetstream every time. I like the fit and soft shell better than the fleece. I feel like it’s warmer for it weight and sheds weather better. Here is in Mexico last week, quite enough to arrow a Coues Deer while wearing it.
7d4b20bf749eceec57c497097d132c39.jpeg

i tried the vest and I liked it over the ambient 100 full zip. with a base layer worked for me down into the 30s in a blind.

I laugh when I hear that the Jetstream is too loud for bowhunting considering I worn it from Arctic Circle down to Mexico bowhunting just about everything. I have three Jetstreams jackets and I also have the Stratus, of the two I would take the Jetstream every time. I like the fit and soft shell better than the fleece. I feel like it’s warmer for it weight and sheds weather better. Here is in Mexico last week, quite enough to arrow a Coues Deer while wearing it.
7d4b20bf749eceec57c497097d132c39.jpeg

How much time so you spend in a treestand?

30 days a year or so, how about you?

About the same. I think jetstreams are quiet enough for bowhunting for sure. Use mine for when im on the ground/on the move. Biggest noise difference I see is my back rubbing against tree bark and other stuff…the stratus wins out here for sure. Not so much the jacket rubbing against itself on the draw. Its not enough to warrant purchasing one vs the other in my eyes, but if both are sitting in my closet im grabbing the stratus every time for a stand sit.

Agreed. The feature set and fit of the Jetstream fer outweighs the perceived noise difference with the stratus, which is negligible at best. IMO the only thing about the status I liked more was the removable hood. But the stratus hood sucks to begin with compared to the Jetstream anyways.