Interesting poaching case from Wyoming going before Supreme Court

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Native Americans are called Indians because of what Christopher Columbus did ,he landed in the US then not named and the indigenous people were way different from the europeans and he thought he may have landed in India and hence he referred to the resident people as Indians. But there are always ongoing discussions and debate about the name controversy and the whole confusion started as a mistaken belief that he reached Indian ocean.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Indians are from India..... Native Americans are from here. :mad:

Homey don't play that liberal politically correct nonsense.

This is all an interesting concept given that supposedly the states own the animals regardless of what land they are on within that state. So if special rights are given to specific people based on their land boundary, then perhaps all private land owners should have those same special rights in regards to animals.

Here in Michigan the tribes hunt with rifles until January 1 with up to 5 tags. They go into the deer yards and slaughter them. These are in areas that non natives can’t even apply for antlerless tags due to the low deer numbers.

They refer to themselves as “stewards of the resources “.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P Carter

WKR
Last edited:

OR Archer

WKR
There’s issues with this here as well. There are ceded lands here in Oregon that I believe 5 different tribes use. This includes our trophy units. It’s abused by some but there’s nothing our state game officials can do about it.

tdhanses

WKR
So wonder how they’ll determine unoccupied land? This could also effect land owner property rights as the federal and state government have legal ownership no different then any other land owner such as a rancher that has 20,000 acres. This just seems like a huge can of worms could be opened here.

CorbLand

WKR
So wonder how they’ll determine unoccupied land? This could also effect land owner property rights as the federal and state government have legal ownership no different then any other land owner such as a rancher that has 20,000 acres. This just seems like a huge can of worms could be opened here.

I agree. This could be a pretty pivotal case.

OP
C

So in reading the transcript from today. It appears that the state of wyoming is not arguing the validity of the treaty. They are only making the case that the land is now occupied. It appers they have put all their eggs in one basket with this argument.
I did notice this from Mr. Herreras attorneys:
And the last point on conservation
necessity, you know, this discussion I think
just demonstrates that if the Court finds that
the -- the treaty right is valid and has not
been terminated, Wyoming still has the ability
to regulate its -- its wildlife, its natural
resources, simply according to the conservation
necessity standard like every other state
already has to do.

So I'm hoping this means tribal leaders will obey current fish and game laws. But who knows...

netman

WKR
Now we know what Elizabeth Warren was up to. Trying to skip the elk tag line with no boundaries.

Native Americans are called Indians because of what Christopher Columbus did ,he landed in the US then not named and the indigenous people were way different from the europeans and he thought he may have landed in India and hence he referred to the resident people as Indians. But there are always ongoing discussions and debate about the name controversy and the whole confusion started as a mistaken belief that he reached Indian ocean.

Are you kidding me? I had no idea!! Thanks for the history lesson.

tdhanses

WKR
So in reading the transcript from today. It appears that the state of wyoming is not arguing the validity of the treaty. They are only making the case that the land is now occupied. It appers they have put all their eggs in one basket with this argument.
I did notice this from Mr. Herreras attorneys:
And the last point on conservation
necessity, you know, this discussion I think
just demonstrates that if the Court finds that
the -- the treaty right is valid and has not
been terminated, Wyoming still has the ability
to regulate its -- its wildlife, its natural
resources, simply according to the conservation
necessity standard like every other state
already has to do.

So I'm hoping this means tribal leaders will obey current fish and game laws. But who knows...

But if they lose the occupied argument then this also could open up all private lands to tribal members, because it would say that legal title doesn’t mean that private land is occupied.

- - - Updated - - -

Now we know what Elizabeth Warren was up to. Trying to skip the elk tag line with no boundaries.

Good thing going we are now allowed to identify as anything, so we don’t need a blood test to identify as a Native American, thanks lefties.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Every person on this continent migrated from somewhere. Native American is a misnomer , First Nation would probably be a better descriptor. That is, if they got here first

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rmauch20

WKR
The whole Native American thing is a joke. Their ancestors migrated to America just like everyone else did, just a bit earlier. They just didn’t pop up from the ground. They’re just trying to play the system to be able to go out and kill whatever they want whenever they want to. Nothing more

jmez

WKR
I live with the natives in SD, have for 20 years. The people most offended by by the "Indian" moniker aren't Indians. They call themselves Indians, we call them Indians. I interact with them on a daily basis. Feign some outrage with those that don't know any better.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
I live with the natives in SD, have for 20 years. The people most offended by by the "Indian" moniker aren't Indians. They call themselves Indians, we call them Indians. I interact with them on a daily basis. Feign some outrage with those that don't know any better.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

*Like*

tdhanses

WKR
Every person on this continent migrated from somewhere. Native American is a misnomer , First Nation would probably be a better descriptor. That is, if they got here first

Which I highly doubt they were the first.

jspradley

WKR
Which I highly doubt they were the first.

The Salutrian hypothesis is pretty weak, and unfortunately it's been taken over and advocated for so much by white supremacist dipshits that it'll likely never be studied any further than it has been so far, which is always unfortunate when a scientific topic becomes politicized like that.

I do think an equitable solution to the treaty issue would be to offer them something else in exchange for the hunting rights if it is determined that they do have access to the land by treaty. Not sure what that would be but it would be the right thing to do for the tribes and wildlife

sneaky

"DADDY"
The Salutrian hypothesis is pretty weak, and unfortunately it's been taken over and advocated for so much by white supremacist dipshits that it'll likely never be studied any further than it has been so far, which is always unfortunate when a scientific topic becomes politicized like that.

I do think an equitable solution to the treaty issue would be to offer them something else in exchange for the hunting rights if it is determined that they do have access to the land by treaty. Not sure what that would be but it would be the right thing to do for the tribes and wildlife
You mean solutrean? I think the only point that is being made here in this discussion is that we have zero idea who was actually here first, but no one is "native " and everyone traveled from somewhere else. That isn't a white supremacist theory, that's just a simple statement, nothing more, nothing less. Not sure why white supremacy even got brought up.

jspradley

WKR
You mean solutrean? I think the only point that is being made here in this discussion is that we have zero idea who was actually here first, but no one is "native " and everyone traveled from somewhere else. That isn't a white supremacist theory, that's just a simple statement, nothing more, nothing less. Not sure why white supremacy even got brought up.

Yep, i no spel gud

Just to clarify, I am not in ANY way saying that the Solutrean hypothesis is inherently white supremacist. Nothing I said in any way stated that it was.

I brought it up as a reason to why it is so difficult to study those things is because white supremacists HAVE latched on to the idea that the people who current evidence shows being here first weren't the first because, in their minds, in fits with their narrative. And very unfortunately, due to the way our society works, if an asshole agrees with you then everything you say is taken as invalid. It happens all the time and is responsible for holding back a lot of very legitimate scientific knowledge.