Sold Iron sites for Rem 742 30-06 (need complete set)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My dad passed his late 60's Remington 742 Woodsmaster 30-06 to me some years ago missing the iron sites. I like the belt and suspenders approach to life so having iron sites just seem like a good idea. The gun is in pretty good condition so I'm looking for sites that are also in good shape. Let me know if anyone has a full set laying around.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I have a set off an older model 700 if you’re interested. If you are, send me the screw hole spacing and I’ll see if they match. I would say that Remington made their sights interchangeable between various models.

OP
WoodnotRust
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning...my rear sight screws are 9/16" center, but the front sight screws are spaced another 1/32 wider (19/32"). It seemed odd so I've measured it a couple of times and come up with the same result.
I would like to get sights that are the same style as the original for a 1968 vintage 742 if possible.
Thanks for the reply.

@TAArrowood
Picture below is the style of sight that came with my 742. Although I've read that the older sights are interchangeable I'd like to keep it model correct. Let me know if your rear sights have this solid ramp style, but I'm guessing it has a split with a separate stair-step insert.

Attachments

• 742_sights.png
    742_sights.png
    169 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I have my sights in hand.. Not sure what you mean by separate stair-step insert, but if you want to PM me your phone number I can text you any photos you'd like.. Mine look exactly like the ones in your diagram and the hole pattern appears as you've described..

Status
Not open for further replies.