Iron will sharpening

gleitzj

FNG
I bought the kit he suggests and I still think it's a major pain and the bleeder blades are almost impossible, especially if there's any divets or flaws from hitting rock, bone, etc.

I just dedicate new ones for animals and a few for practice.

Trial153

WKR
I have great luck resharpening them, 20 degree guide and flat stone or sand paper..both main blades and bleeders. I can’t kill these things.makes me wonder why I own so many

OP
B
I just got a bunch in a trade and 3 have been shot into foam and are a little dull. Still sharper than most other broadheads but I’ve heard they get insanely sharp. I’ll try out that stay sharp system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheViking

WKR
OP
B
Use my Worksharp belt-drive sharpener
Razor edges!!
My hunt knives too

But...do not use with blade on carbon arrow shaft as it can flex. I put an insert into round steel tube, screw in blade and then use belt WorkSharp

901e2a2b006c99637ee7a295f461e47c.jpg

Is this the one? I have one of these but didn’t know if it was appropriate for this application.

Trial153

WKR
if you use any belt.....make SURE you do not pull the blade past the point or you will round all the tips off. Don't ask how I know that

TheViking

WKR
Really? Seems pretty simple to me. Keeps your edges on exactly the same plane. Just do even strokes per side. Makes it idiot proof. Not something I would do in the field.

What do you suggest?

It’s just very tedious.

I use a flat stone. A few swipes each way and you’re good.

Reactions: Zac

paxamus

WKR
Y’all got me wanting to get a Worksharp now, is the Ken Onion version worth the extra money? And how do you sharpen the bleeders with it?

jakelogsdon

Lil-Rokslider
The worksharp is tough to beat for sharpening a bunch of blades or knives or tools really fast. Just use the purple belt only on broadhead blades. You can shave with them when you're done.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I use the same field sharpener from work sharp that I use on my knives and axe. I get it shaving sharp (like my knives) on the worksharp and then transition to a 2000/5000 grit water stone. Run the 2k grit till its scary sharp and mirror bright then finish with the 5k grit. I test them on rubber bands held with hardly any tension. Once it cuts with causing deflection then I am done. The A2 steel makes it take longer but its worth it.

I just bought a new KME broadhead sharpener along with 400, 600, 1000, 1500 and 2000 grit sand paper. Also used cardboard and white buffing compound.

I must be doing something wrong because its nice and shiny but dull as a butter knife. I spent 3 hours working on one blade edge. It took forever to even get a burr and still wasnt a great burr. I'm at a lost and ready to throw in the towel. 3 hours and nothing. Lol

Maybe I'm setting the blade incorrectly into the kme? I even bought the new head piece for small blades like the iron will.

Maybe the sand paper? Maybe just me.