Iron will sharpening

Really? Seems pretty simple to me. Keeps your edges on exactly the same plane. Just do even strokes per side. Makes it idiot proof. Not something I would do in the field.

What do you suggest?
Do you use sandpaper or diamond stones for sharpening the Iron Wills?

Do you use sandpaper or diamond stones for sharpening the Iron Wills?

Both.

I seem to gravitate more towards the sandpaper anymore. I have a piece of marble counter top (sink cut out) that I put the sand paper on and work thru grits. Gives me more options for how aggressive I want to be. Also a larger surface area to work with.

Both.

I seem to gravitate more towards the sandpaper anymore. I have a piece of marble counter top (sink cut out) that I put the sand paper on and work thru grits. Gives me more options for how aggressive I want to be. Also a larger surface area to work with.
Do the stones last a while? I use sandpaper now and blow through them like crazy

Yes. The course stones do become a little more polished over time, but stones will last a lifetime. Just make sure you use all the surface area rather than straight down the middle.
That makes sense. Which diamond stones do you have? I was looking into the KME gold diamond set. Or the stone set from stay sharps website

Can you give me a link to a set you would recommend?

This would be a good kit for broadhead sharpening. Gives you 2 courses of Arkansas stone, and course oil stone if you need to touch up. Then also has the buffing compound and strop.

I haven't purchased from that company before, but that's what I would get if looking for stones.

The ultimate sharpening kit is:

Pretty pricey, they have other models for cheaper.

This would be a good kit for broadhead sharpening. Gives you 2 courses of Arkansas stone, and course oil stone if you need to touch up. Then also has the buffing compound and strop.

I haven't purchased from that company before, but that's what I would get if looking for stones.

The ultimate sharpening kit is:

Pretty pricey, they have other models for cheaper.
What about just standard diamond stones? maybe like up to 2000 grit? I have buffing compounds already

Hnthrdr

WKR
I’m on the stay sharp band wagon, it’s kind of tedious, but it works well. I have diamond plates, and sandpaper, seem to prefer sandpaper more. Took me about two hours to sharpen 6 broadheads, I used to do all edges and bleeders including the back edge, but I only do the back edge on my number one head. I shoot the 125 double bevel.

I’m on the stay sharp band wagon, it’s kind of tedious, but it works well. I have diamond plates, and sandpaper, seem to prefer sandpaper more. Took me about two hours to sharpen 6 broadheads, I used to do all edges and bleeders including the back edge, but I only do the back edge on my number one head. I shoot the 125 double bevel.
Why do you like the sandpaper more?

Hnthrdr

WKR
I feel like it gives me little bit better edge, I also have more grit options I think my diamond plates end at 1500, I use 2k or 2.5k before my strop with buffing compound, so that may be the reason.

I feel like it gives me little bit better edge, I also have more grit options I think my diamond plates end at 1500, I use 2k or 2.5k before my strop with buffing compound, so that may be the reason.
Yeah that makes sense. Im more looking at them for lasting longer is all.

What about just standard diamond stones? maybe like up to 2000 grit? I have buffing compounds already

I assume they would work, I just don't really use diamond stones. It's either Arkansas stone or sand paper.

I do use a work sharp field sharpener, it works really well, labeled as having a 320 and 600 grit diamond.

I'm not as experienced as others on the forum in knives. I think @sndmn11 knows his way around some of it.

I assume they would work, I just don't really use diamond stones. It's either Arkansas stone or sand paper.

I do use a work sharp field sharpener, it works really well, labeled as having a 320 and 600 grit diamond.

I'm not as experienced as others on the forum in knives. I think @sndkniws his way around some of it.
Okay sounds good. Ill keep researching and see what I can come up with.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Yeah that makes sense. Im more looking at them for lasting longer is all.
For sure, I just figure a multi pack of sandpaper is the least of my expenses if I’m shooting 40 dollar broadheads haha, i wish the iron wills didn’t shoot so dang good for me, I’d love to buy cheaper broadheads

For sure, I just figure a multi pack of sandpaper is the least of my expenses if I’m shooting 40 dollar broadheads haha, i wish the iron wills didn’t shoot so dang good for me, I’d love to buy cheaper broadheads
Haha no doubt. They fly amazing. I picked up the diamond plate kit from Stay Sharp with the guide and compound to finish on cardboard,. Been good so far.