Iron Will Wide 100 Review, By Les Welch

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Wides-e1578591409812.jpg

By now you have surely heard about Iron Will Outfitters and the great products they sell. Les Welch has written articles on their broadheads and had great results with them. In this review, Les introduces us to the new Wide Series of broadheads from Iron Will.

Iron Will Wide 100 Review

Those look real badass. Dimensions similar to the Zwickey Delta 4 blade older trad heads.

Be aware- you will get bashed by posting these on the trad sites, or have your post removed entirely from one of the more zealous mod's out there in the trad world :poop:

Regardless, I'll likely be purchasing some when I get my new trad bow! Could even shoot these out of my compound if I was tuned for it

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Those look real badass. Dimensions similar to the Zwickey Delta 4 blade older trad heads.

Be aware- you will get bashed by posting these on the trad sites, or have your post removed entirely from one of the more zealous mod's out there in the trad world :poop:

Regardless, I'll likely be purchasing some when I get my new trad bow! Could even shoot these out of my compound if I was tuned for it

That’s hilarious; I bet a “sponsor” screw in broadhead would be fine to discuss...

I like the engineering that has gone into the Iron Will.

rob86jeep

WKR

Why would a Trad Bow site not allow a post about them? Are they less traditional then other machined broad heads?

Trial153

WKR
Wow, the size difference is significant.
I think that Bills recommendation for deer and black bear size game under 50 yards is going to be spot on.
These are profiled significantly bigger then standards. I my experience at longer distances hend this size will be more touchy. No doubt they will take more force to push on though game.
One or two might find my way into my quiver elk or moose for the odd spots where i know for a fact the shot is going to be in my lap. Otherwise I am sticking to the standard size.
The blades fit the standard ferrules also FYI.
Here is side buy side with vented 125 regulars vs 125 wides.
cdfecd5f823d514aeb8eef4f1769bea4.jpg

I am looking to get some IW this year for whitetail, thinking about getting three of standard and three wide, do you guys think that's wise or should I get all wide. Most shots are under fifty yards. Also what arrows, and specs are you guys using. I am shooting 70lbs 29.5 draw. Just trying to get the right spine, weight, for this setup. Thinking about Easton fmj. But open to any info. Thanks

Trial153

WKR
I am looking to get some IW this year for whitetail, thinking about getting three of standard and three wide, do you guys think that's wise or should I get all wide. Most shots are under fifty yards. Also what arrows, and specs are you guys using. I am shooting 70lbs 29.5 draw. Just trying to get the right spine, weight, for this setup. Thinking about Easton fmj. But open to any info. Thanks
Whitetail only under 50... wide all the way.

Have you shot the wide version yet, and what are your thoughts on accuracy. I know everyone is saying the standard ones fly true, and I realize the wider version is going to be a little different in flight, but guys are saying out to 50 yards extremely accurate. What are your personal thoughts. Thanks

Trial153

WKR
Have you shot the wide version yet, and what are your thoughts on accuracy. I know everyone is saying the standard ones fly true, and I realize the wider version is going to be a little different in flight, but guys are saying out to 50 yards extremely accurate. What are your personal thoughts. Thanks
Yes shot the wide and the regular together yesterday morning. It was windy at time(5 to 10 quatering towards me) and at times dead a still.
I made apx 30 shots with each into a blob, from 30 to 75 yards. The wide head is definitely less forgiving.
I think Bill is spot on with his assesment. Closer shots, thin skined game.
I will keep a wide in my quiver for elk and moose hunts when i know they will be in my lap.otehr wise is am staying with the regular heads for larger game and longer shots. Chaseing desert mule deer this week and the standards are coming with me.

Thank you for the information, maybe I'll do 3 standard, and 3 wide. Good luck with your hunting this week, hope you kill a giant.
Thanks

Trial153

WKR
Thank you for the information, maybe I'll do 3 standard, and 3 wide. Good luck with your hunting this week, hope you kill a giant.
Thanks
You will be able to swap the blades out. Hopefully bill comes out with a chart that showes what fits what.

You cant go far wrong with either of these heads. They are in the handful of the best heads produced right in so far as quaility.

Scottyboy

WKR
Being a tight ass, does anyone know if Iron Will ever runs a sale? I went in the deep end with SEV-R last year and am looking for a COC head this year.