Is office 365 worth it ?

Rizzy

WKR
Is it worth the yearly cost for the average home user?
I'm having a hard time justifying it, but access to all the other programs might be beneficial.

For me I said no, Google drive has most of the same programs anyways for free. Plus you can store them online anyways through their system

Google drive works for the average user. Unless you are doing advanced Excel stuff such as swing tables, advanced Power Point stuff, or are a business user that uses SharePoint integration Google Drive will be sufficient. If you completely against the online options, check out either LibreOffice or OpenOffice which are both free alternatives.

http://www.howtogeek.com/187663/ope...hats-the-difference-and-which-should-you-use/

Throc

Lil-Rokslider
It's worth it for me but I'm an accountant so, everything I do is in excel. Being able to have the full office package on my home desktop, personal laptop, the kids computer, and all the tablets and phones is very beneficial for me. Plus unlimited storage on onedrive for 365 subscribers has been a nice benefit to have.

Excel is the only MS product that I feel stands in a class of its own. For casual word processing, presentations, etc, LibreOffice is just fine and a heck of a lot cheaper.

gelton

WKR
The only thing I might like about it is that it includes outlook...I recently purchased Office 2016 only to find out that outlook is no longer included in the student/teacher edition...I ordered it along with a new computer from Dell and when I found out it didnt include outlook I called to return Office 2016 and they credited me $80 to purchase a standalone copy of outlook 2016.

So if you want outlook then 365 is the way to go, if you dont need outlook then office 2016 is the way to go.