Is this enough Pistol?

Beendare

WKR
These threads amount to mental masturbation .

Oh I dunno about that. ...though I do like the ".22 handcast...for a friend" comment. /grin

Sure there are plenty of , "I've never even seen a G Bear in the woods but I would use XXX"

On the other hand, There are enough comments that get a guy thinking about practicing with his chosen system to prevent someone from becoming a statistic

jspradley

WKR
All pistols suck pretty much equally until you get into the super duper magnum wristbreaker calibers so there really is never "enough pistol"...

Well... a 12" .308 AR with a brace is *technically* a pistol... ;);););)

Tld

FNG
Good point! All pistols are capable of killing/even stopping a grizz as has been proven repeatedly and documented(such as in earlier links) BUT....none are truely ENOUGH every time. But then again no rifle is either. One alaskan guide put a 416 Rigby into a wounded grizz’s chest, and then got his butt kicked by the bear before it died. So technically, it wasnt enough gun. As to the OP’s question about a 40 or 357 (with correct loads)being enough gun....yes-sometimes. But i think we can ALL agree on an answer to his second question “should i use this opportunity to expand my firearm collection?” DEFINATELY! ‘Cause you can never have enough guns :)

gjk5

FNG
Good point! All pistols are capable of killing/even stopping a grizz as has been proven repeatedly and documented(such as in earlier links) BUT....none are truely ENOUGH every time. But then again no rifle is either. One alaskan guide put a 416 Rigby into a wounded grizz’s chest, and then got his butt kicked by the bear before it died. So technically, it wasnt enough gun. As to the OP’s question about a 40 or 357 (with correct loads)being enough gun....yes-sometimes. But i think we can ALL agree on an answer to his second question “should i use this opportunity to expand my firearm collection?” DEFINATELY! ‘Cause you can never have enough guns :)

best post in thread. I have lots of rifles in various calibers, shotguns in several gauges, a handsome selection of revolvers, levers from 22-44, semi autos from 22-45. I do not have a 10MM. This thread reads to me that there is a hole in my gun collection that MUST be remedied, anything less is a disservice.