Issues with GoHunt

mt_grogan

FNG
For the past 2 months I have been in touch with Bransen from GoHunt trying to purchase a pair of boots. I ended up ordering a pair of Scarpas in size 14 (yes my feet are annoyingly large). After purchasing the boots on a Friday, I was told that they would arrive sometime the following week. Almost 10 days later I still had no movement on the order. After reaching out again, I was eventually told that they were back ordered until sometime in June (would have been nice to know this since I had a trip planned at the end of May).

After the first week of June I still had no update. I reached out again and received info about how Scarpa was sold out and they wouldn’t be available for at least another month. At this point I was pretty frustrated, as I was 300$ short and still had nothing to break in before season.

After email tag with slow responses, I was given a list of other boots in my size range. I ended up choosing one of the boots that was given as an option only to be told that they were out of inventory! I’ve since asked for a refund of my initial purchase.

I understand that my size is difficult and things happen, but overall this has been a bad experience. Honestly expected better with what I’ve heard about the GoHunt shop and “gear experts”. These guys didn’t seem like they knew what they were doing and pretty much ignored my inquiry when asking what boots would work well for my specific hunt situation.

Has anyone had a similar experience? GoHunt definitely lost me as a future customer.

BBob

WKR
Sorry to hear you had issues. I’ve bought a number of things from them and have had only one minor hiccup. I bought three pairs of boots to try for size. Picked the size that fit and returned the other two. I followed the tracking to make sure they got back okay. After a week or two from the return delivery date I didn’t get a return notice or a refund notice or a credit on my card. A quick call and they confirmed they indeed had the return and then processed the refund pretty quickly after my call. Not something I could really complain about.

Sorry to hear you had issues. I’ve bought a number of things from them and have had only one minor hiccup. I bought three pairs of boots to try for size. Picked the size that fit and returned the other two. I followed the tracking to make sure they got back okay. After a week or two from the return delivery date I didn’t get a return notice or a refund notice or a credit on my card. A quick call and they confirmed they indeed had the return and then processed the refund pretty quickly after my call. Not something I could really complain about.

Similar experience. Still waiting on a refund after sending a pair of boots back a week or so ago but nothing to complain about yet.

Their shipping is almost Amazon Prime fast and I have nothing bad to say about my purchasing experiences. I certainly plan on buying more from them.

rcb2000

WKR
have you called the shop and spoken to someone? Sometimes it’s much easier to get a problem solved that way and then through an email.

EvanG17

FNG
Had a snag when i bought a tent through them (UPS claimed package was damaged), but they made it right on their end immediatly and sent me a new one asap. iv ordered a ton of gear from them and have had no other issues.

Falro

FNG
Crazy fast shipping, Cody from optics is the only guy I’ve talked to and he was nothing but helpful. He surprisingly even steered me to something they didn’t even sell at the time that he said would fit my needs better. I have nothing but respect for him. Idk about the other guys though.

My only interactions with them have been very positive.

I bought a pair of shoes in the wrong size and forgot to return them. I called months later and they sent me a new pair while allowing me to keep the other pair for comparison. They just said to send them in when I picked the one I liked better. They could not have been more helpful.