IW blade replacement??

Fullfan

WKR
Has anyone had any luck replacing the blades on the IW solids? Have watched the YouTube video and contacted IW. Not having and luck, heads wobble bad when put back together.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Fullfan, the main blade is designed to have a small amount of side to side play so that it can be aligned to the ferrule. The video below explains this. On the solid blade it is harder to do by eye, but you can tighten the screw part way, spin it on an arrow with an arrow spinner, and move the blade a small amount side to side until it spins perfectly. Send me a DM if you are still having trouble after trying this.

I would go with what Bill said haha. Also, if the head makes a small rattle after replacing you can fix that with a dab of super glue where the bleeder meets the ferrule, learned that from Bill as well.

OP
Fullfan

Fullfan

WKR
Okay messed with the two heads today for prob an hour. Was able to get them both close w just a slight wobble, frustrating to say the least. Future plans are just buy new heads instead of attempting to get a replacement blade to spin perfect. Shot one of the heads after blade replacement. From 30 yds is was off from my field points by about 3”.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I replaced some blades once. Couple went really easy. One fought me. I won eventually but not until my hand slipped off the torque wrench and I sent a bleeder across my hand. After that I took a broadhead wrench and drilled a hole in it to be able to get to the torque screw and adjust and hold the head easier.