Jeep Gladiator, does it suck?

If you already have a Sequioa, just get another one with the new TTV6. Toyota over a Jeep any day, if you own one already, you know! Also, Gladiators are ugly as sin, and look like they are bad at being a truck, and bad at being a Jeep.

yfarm

WKR
Interesting comments, bought a 2013 JKUR from my best friends widow in 2018 with 65k miles on it. In 4 years with lots of highway miles, repairs were a heater core, valve cover gaskets, oil filter bracket, brake pads and a set of tires. Has 136k on it now and driven by my son. Was noisy on the highway and wandered occasionally. Drove a 2023 Glad Mojave last week, power output and driveability vastly improved compared with the JK. Interior noise similar to my 2022 Bronco WT SAS, interior seemed narrower in front than the Bronco. Friend in Denver tells me they are very popular in Co. Here in south Texas, the large ranch hunting guides use these to pick up clients in town and as a replacement for UTVs on the ranches. Usual lift, winch larger tires as well as a winch in the bed to drag carcasses into. Fit well on ranch trails and senderos. My Raptor still has pinstripes from BLM trails in NM. Thinking about replacing an ‘11 Raptor SC with the Mojave, may wait until the new Ranger is out. As an aside, have owned multiple 4 runners and 2 Tacos, no complaints but the current engine and transmission lineup is very unappealing after driving my current vehicles. Spent some time in the Brokeoffs, first time driving a stock Taco TRDOR, second and third trips in the Jeep, what was iffy in the Taco was normal in the Jeep, last trip used a Polaris Ranger was even easier. As always use the right tool for the job. Primarily street vehicle in Europe, the Toyota seems a no brainer.

Last edited:
The gladiators are very capable and look great in my opinion…just not all that comfortable or reliable for that matter

tony

WKR
Thought real hard about a gladiator when my ranger kept shitting itself.
I just refuse to pay the cult tax jeep brings. Then I see 3 or 4 of them on every used car lot, new ones mind you. Why is that?
And what is this nonsense of waving at other jeeps and leaving rubber ducks?
Some strange rituals jeep people have. :p

Tacoma with a shell for the win! I’m also only 5’8”. So if you’re taller I probably wouldn’t recommend it. Toyotas are so reliable and they hold their value better than pretty much every other vehicle. Never had any issues with my 2017 TRD off-road. Love that truck. Came from a Chevy Silverado which was literally in the mechanic shop every month, so safe to say I’m a happy customer thus far.

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
I agree, they look damn ugly stock. But throw a 3 inch lift 37s, a winch, and a stainless steel topper from South Africa and they look pretty bad ass. They are far more capable than other midsize trucks in the same class. They are shitty on gas mileage, just accept that also you’re gonna spend more money than you think because they’re so easy to get parts for and modify yourself.IMG_4429.jpeg

Last edited: