Jobs out west...

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
Hutch, In Rapid City, S>D they have a Electrical school, 4 mos. and you get the construction side of it but most are employed before the get done with school and they fill jobs in 3-5 different states.
Apprentice and then companies help train you with what you need to finish the process to electrician.

grfox92

WKR
I just moved from NY to Wyoming. Everyone who I met from warned me about there being no work, low pay, ect. ect. ect.

I wasn't worried because I came out here to start a business. Well my business will have to wait until the spring, so I decided to look for a job.
I started mentioning to locals that I was going to start looking for a job over the winter, everyone told me "Good luck" and "that might be tough."

I knocked on the first contractors window I saw in a gas station parking lot and he hired me on the spot, citing that it is next to impossible to find good help out here. The next day I went on an interview to work at a local gun shop and was immediately offered a full time or part time position. I accepted part time and work for a builder full time.

I have since been offered numerous jobs by other contractors, and asked to come work full time at my part time job.

The cost of living is so low that I am taking home more money after my bills are paid then when I was making close to 100k in NY.

To top it all off, I live in what is considered an expensive part of Wyoming.

So it's all about perspective. Am I working 6 days a week? Yes. Would I rather work 6 days a week in Wyoming then compete in the rat race working 65 hours a week in NY? HELL YES.

Luckily once my business opens I'll be working for myself once and for all, but my point is, if you have good work ethic and are persistent, you will make it anywhere.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

N.ID7803

WKR
If you end up in the Orofino area, there are plenty of opportunities to work in the woods, i.e logging etc. If you can run a piece of equipment and are willing to learn there is plenty of opportunity. Also lots of need for log truck drivers. Just a thought.