Jobs out west...

Spoonbill

WKR
I will second this statement, northern Wyoming is still cranking away in the skilled trades. Hard working, skilled tradesmen are scarce and there seems to be plenty of work...........might be one of last"normal" places left in this corroding mess.
Don’t forget the influx of people who are leaving problem states fo move to safer areas like Idaho western Montana, north Wyoming etc. If anything its keeping the jobs market open.

to the OP, I moved to Bozeman in 2013 before moving back home to Idaho and had a job as a laborer on a construction crew making 16 an hour within 2 months of living there and I had minimal experience. My friends there said the construction boom has only gotten worse. Definitely jobs to be had that pay decent. I would get something lined up before moving though because its getting expensive to live up here.

jmav58

WKR
I live in central MT and loggers are paying drivers $500/load to haul with a single trailer and $800/load if you pull a pup. I work at the local co op as the agronomist and we're always looking for CDL full time help for a guy that can drive a grain truck, fertilizer tender, water truck or propane truck. PM if you'd consider looking this way for employment when the time comes. We've got 8 locations that are always looking for QUALITY help. From White Sulphur Springs to Conrad MT are where our locations are.

OP
A

A.Hutch

FNG
YES SIR!! I will most assuredly keep that in mind when the time comes, which may end up being sooner than later.

Hutch

FLAK

WKR
I've considered moving West a few times until I look at the price of housing. NO Thanks!!
I mean ridiculous.

Check out the hydroelectric industry. Avista, Idaho Power, even the Bureau. Lots of really good jobs in great locations.

I got a job opening up in SE ID operating a crusher and equipment if you are serious, PM me and the pay will be better than 11 dollars an hour 😂😂

WRO

WKR
I've considered moving West a few times until I look at the price of housing. NO Thanks!!
I mean ridiculous.
Rural areas aren't bad..

Where are you at currently?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Look into the Spokane area. You can make a decent living, have good deer and turkey with some elk hunting in your back yard and only minutes from Idaho.

He’s not wrong. you can PM me of you would like. I live in ID and work in Spokane. I also know that one of the local crane and rigging companies is hiring, and they pay quite well for the area (union)

OP
A

A.Hutch

FNG
Mornin fellas!!! Man o Man, I truly was not expecting the responses I've received. I was just dipping my toe in the water to get a feel for things, But hell, looks like I;m going swimmin!!

I had typed up a comment about obligations. Here's the short and skinny.
I got behind on child support, they've hemmed up my CDL's, I've already done everything they asked so I can get 'em back, they are just dragging they're feet at the moment. My License is gonna expire at the end of this month. That's ok, I've done got a plan just in case that happens.
Second issue. While working in Florida, I had a lot of personal issue's hammering me from several directions. I went to blow off a little steam, blow off a little to much. County mounties hemmed me up. So, now i'm serving two five years sentences concurrently. I'm a little over 3 years into it. I would HAVE TO clear any move out of state with DOC first, or risk getting locked up. I never went to prison, I'm on probation, not parole. Hell, I don't even have to physically check in any more, I'm on telephone reporting now..

So with the responses I've received, I will be calling my PO and talking to him about getting permission to leave the state. He knows there ain't hardly any work in S.E. oklahoma. Well, unless you ask everyone "you want fries with that?". Atleast until I get my CDL's back.

Yes, I am serious about heading west! Period!

Again, THANK YOU for all the positive responses, and the job links!!!!

Hutch

OP
A

A.Hutch

FNG
The moral of this story, DO NOT get out of hand in Polk Co. Florida. Them county boys are GUNG HO, and over-achievers!!

Hutch

FLAK

WKR
I lived in Polk Co.,Fl. (Lakeland) for 16 years.
It is absolutely Bat chit crazy down there!!!
Glad I got moved back to Sweet Home Alabama
on the Gulf Coast.

OP
A

A.Hutch

FNG
Lakeland!!! ya it's nuts down there, and expensive!!!!!

I had a rigger that I worked with in Louisiana from Alabama, Best rigger I ever had the pleasure of working with!

Hutch

hogcarpy

FNG
My company is hiring in a lot of different locations around the West.

Filter the states you would be interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14idaho

FNG
Moved to Idaho from Pa. Yes, the wages are lower but so is the cost of living. With your can do attitude and willingness to work you'll do fine. There is always a job somewhere for those that hustle. I moved to Northern Idaho with my new wife and nothing else. Yeh, we struggled and weren't always comfortable, our first home did not have plumbing or electric. But we survived and actually ended up thriving. Go for it, it beats wishing you did for the rest of your life.