Just Announced - Leica Geovid Pro 8x32 & 10x32

OutdoorAg

WKR
Interesting that day 1 product drop didn't come with more.

Meaning...the "usual" product drop means the item has been in the hand of "experts" for a few weeks/months and there are review videos ready to go as soon as the manufacturer gives the green light.

Beyond the Leica website and a few Leica made videos on YT/FB/IG...there doesn't seem to be a single other source of info out there.

Maybe this was Leica's intention in order to keep this under wraps? Maybe these video reviews are still coming?

Either way, I'm looking forward to hearing from all sides of this:

1) The Glass Guys: I want to hear from the nit pickers. The ones who will tell me how these are better or worse than the Noctivid, Geovid, Trinovid, etc etc. Where does the glass fall in Leica's lineup.

2) The Tech Guys: I want to hear from the shooters. How fast does it lock with the app. How is the laser centered. Can it be adjusted. Do the new add ons work as expected or was it rushed and needs another iteration/tech push to get it right. (I'm hoping lessons were learned with the 3200.com and these are better...)

3) The Dudes: I want to hear from your reg hunter who is willing to spend $3K on glass. There are plenty of those around here, so I also want to hear from those guys. Whats the review from someone who just wants to pick up the binoculars and use the damn things.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I’m really interested to hear from the glass guys.
This weighs more than my B3s and Leica 2800. It actually weighs more than 8x32 ELs and a Leica compact rf. I know there are more benefits to it than that having both in one.
It also says all readings display immediately, which is my only beef with my current Leica rf.
5929e57783d67132b6b22f6776e45ba4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting that day 1 product drop didn't come with more.

Meaning...the "usual" product drop means the item has been in the hand of "experts" for a few weeks/months and there are review videos ready to go as soon as the manufacturer gives the green light.

Beyond the Leica website and a few Leica made videos on YT/FB/IG...there doesn't seem to be a single other source of info out there.

Maybe this was Leica's intention in order to keep this under wraps? Maybe these video reviews are still coming?

Either way, I'm looking forward to hearing from all sides of this:

1) The Glass Guys: I want to hear from the nit pickers. The ones who will tell me how these are better or worse than the Noctivid, Geovid, Trinovid, etc etc. Where does the glass fall in Leica's lineup.

2) The Tech Guys: I want to hear from the shooters. How fast does it lock with the app. How is the laser centered. Can it be adjusted. Do the new add ons work as expected or was it rushed and needs another iteration/tech push to get it right. (I'm hoping lessons were learned with the 3200.com and these are better...)

3) The Dudes: I want to hear from your reg hunter who is willing to spend $3K on glass. There are plenty of those around here, so I also want to hear from those guys. Whats the review from someone who just wants to pick up the binoculars and use the damn things.
A lot of sportsman’s shows coming up in the next few weeks. Specifically SCI January 19-22 in Vegas. I’m sure having new product for these shows has something to do with it. Not only Leica but others as well. All good stuff.

mthayr

WKR
a new Leica Hunting APP will be released in March 2022 which will allow current “.com” products – Geovid 3200, CRF 2800, CRF 3500 - to be compatible with Applied Ballistics
This ^^^ is pretty great news as well

tdhanses

WKR
Definitely go with RRS Bino Cinch over bino hand for no other reason than the Bino cinch can live full time on the binos. The 'elite' cinch is rock solid (I don't have the polymer version, so can't speak to that).
The polymer is rock solid and well worth the $35 cost.

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like Leica Camera Sport Optics will be at SCI booth 2313 Jan 19-22.

Hopefully they have a demo. If so I’ll take pictures and ask questions.

If you have any specific questions you would like me to ask let me know.

Definitely go with RRS Bino Cinch over bino hand for no other reason than the Bino cinch can live full time on the binos. The 'elite' cinch is rock solid (I don't have the polymer version, so can't speak to that).

The polymer is rock solid and well worth the $35 cost.
I’m using the polymer cinch on my wife’s 10x32 ELs and my 12x50 ELs. I’m completely confident it will hold the heavier glass very well. It looks like there is enough room to mount on the Leica 10x32 as well.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
@gr8fuldoug does the new Leica hunting app allow the stand-alone rangefinder 2800/3500.com to work with the mapping software also or just the Kestral?

mthayr

WKR
@gr8fuldoug does the new Leica hunting app allow the stand-alone rangefinder 2800/3500.com to work with the mapping software also or just the Kestral?
I'm wondering the same thing - I am a BaseMap subscriber so if we don't get an answer here I will certainly report back as soon as the app is released.

Trial153

WKR
Anyone concerned with the 32 objective? I don’t hear of those much these days…

I am just the opposite. Been playing with my 8x32 el’s and borrowed a pair of 10x32 SF( I don’t want to send these back, if your reading this …but I will ) And I plan on testing a pair of 32 mm NLs as well…. Now these Lecia came into the game…

All that is long winded way of saying I am really wondering why the hell I lugging the extra weight of 42 and 50 mm optics.

I can see myself going straight 32mm in some fashion for all 8x and 10x. I think I will keep bigger objectives still for 12x …but in my harness I am going to 32mm for everything

Last edited:

OutdoorAg

WKR
My only concern is eye placement and black outs.

From my experience (8x32 ELs) the view was very good. The size was awesome. But the black outs bothered me. Eye placement was more critical than I liked. In the end, I couldn’t get over the black out issue and they went down the road in favor of my SLCs which are very forgiving.

Only way to know with these new Geovid Pros is to test and see.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Not at all. Probably 7 years ago I took a set of 10x42 Swaro ELs, 8x32 Ultravids, and 8x20 Ultravids to Africa. It was a very difficult bow hunt and we ended up with blind time from dark to dark much of it. I’m a tester at heart comparing all of them in all kinds of light looking at the various flora and fauna. Alpha 8x32s, (and sheep hunting you will find many Dall amd Stone hunters/guides using 10x32) are nothing to worry about, especially for a chest binocular. I saw enough that I often just take those little 8x20s to sit in the deer stand.