Katabatic Tincup thoughts

I was in the market for a new puffy and had my heart set on the Grumann. But as I looked around I realized that the Katabatic Tincup had the same specs for $50 less!
Looked into it some more and these jackets are strikingly similar. Both jackets weigh within an ounce of each other in total weight so I thought I'd be a guinea pig and give it a go!

Same Hyperdry 850 fill, with Katabatic having roughly 0.7oz more fill.

The pertex shell of the Grumann is a 15D while the Katabatic is a 10D Pertex.

Jacket came as advertised 12.5 oz for a Large.

Sizing is near perfect! Ordered a large. (5'11 160) Decent amount of room for layers. Pockets are high so you can wear a pack comfortably.PXL_20230926_153711387.MP.jpgMy only complaint is that the shoulders are a little tight. But I am built like a coat hanger so most jackets are that way for me. Shell definitely is thin. But I don't plan on bush busting with this jacket so I'm not particularly worried.

I understand the Grumman is the gold standard. But I think this jacket will hold it's own! Will update as season continues.

Dr.Chill

FNG
Good review, thanks for sharing. Am pondering the Grumman vs. Tin Cup as well, and will likely come down to sizing. Any use in the field with it yet?

OP
B
I can also say that the cut on the kat is really good. It's generous but doesnt feel like your swimming in it.