Kenai Hooded Jacket Fit

tracker12

WKR
How does the Kenai jacket fit. I am 6' 190 and in most Sitka I take an XL. My Super Down Pro vest is also an XL. I do plan to wear this as an outer garment.

Last edited:

Drenalin

WKR
I’m 6-ft, 215 and sized up to XXL based on what you hear about Kuiu. I was swimming in it and should have gone XL. That’s with a base and mid layer, but I had plenty of room for a Kenai vest under the jacket as well the couple of times I needed it.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m 6’2 200 and could wear either a large or xl in Kuiu jackets. For an outer layer as you said I’d go with an xl, if wearing right over your base I’d get a large.

5'11" 195 athletic build and the large fit me perfect. Usually wore a merino base, grid fleece, and wind proof vest either under for over. Got one for sale too in brown.

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'185, bought a large and never cared for it. Cut was terrible. I was trying to replace an Arcteryx Atom LT and that jacket didn't come CLOSE to competing with the fit of Arcteryx.

I had the same issue but worse with the element jacket. I like Kuiu, but I believe they need to work on the overall fit of there coats/jackets. The higher end stuff (Burner, Gale Force, Yukon) is all great. Everything else seems to be built for Sponge Bob

OP
tracker12

tracker12

WKR
Well we will see how I like. I ordered an XL. I have had fit problems with KUIU in the past also.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm surprised by some of the guys saying the XL fit perfect. I'm 6'6"/220 and the XL is TIGHT all the way around from shoulders to chest. And for reference I wear a 42XL suit jacket. I picked up an XXL and it fits pretty well.