Kids bow recommendation?

Ruskin

WKR
My daughter is 8 and has asked for a bow for Christmas. I would like to get her something that will last a few years. Also her brother is only 2 years behind. I am new to archery within the last 3 years and shoot a Mathews. Any recommendations for a kids first bow?

Thanks.
-Bryan

Dang. I was going to make you a heck of a deal. As above, Diamond Atomic is a great option. My daughters has pink limbs.

IMG_0900_zps4f2eeb5b.jpg
[/URL]

Roy68

WKR
Check out mission archery. They have setups that can grow with a kid for a long time. Wide range of draw weight & lengths.

OR Archer

WKR
Mission Menace. 17-30" in draw length adjustment. 15-50# of weight adjustment. Plenty of color options. Best thing though is it will actually tune up good compared to other kids bows.

MRidge

FNG
Total bow weight is a biggie with the kiddos. I'd look at the Hoyt Ruckus as well. My kid started shooting at age 7 and is now 11. I've actually purchased him two - one JOAD / Target bow that was the first and has thousands of arrows out of it. The second a 3D / Outdoor hunting set-up. They have been great bows!

View attachment 21287

View attachment 21288

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking for a left handed one for my 6 year old son, looking for the Dimond Atomic but can't find any left handed ones. Not sure he wants a pink one but that might have to do?

any help would be great.

thanks,

RJ

I'm looking for a left handed one for my 6 year old son, looking for the Dimond Atomic but can't find any left handed ones. Not sure he wants a pink one but that might have to do?

any help would be great.

thanks,

RJ

I will sell you the bow above; the one my daughter is shooting (it does have pink limbs) Let me know if you are interested.

dieNqvrs

Lil-Rokslider
Look at the genesis bows. Lots of options. That is what they shoot for national archery in the schools program (NASP).

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Look at the genesis bows. Lots of options. That is what they shoot for national archery in the schools program (NASP).
Its tough bow for younger kids as it doesn't have the let off of Menace or some of the other youth bows mentioned. My opinion is to try one with your kiddo to see if they can handle it before committing.

The Hoyt Ruckus is another good option for a bow that grows with your kids. I purchased one for my son when he was 9, he is 12 now and still using this bow with a few more years, I think, before he outgrows it.

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone. I ordered a Ruckus Jr. lefty for him. Should be perfect for a couple of years, then we will go from there.

Flatbow

Lil-Rokslider
if you want to start them on something other than 'wheels', check out BlackRhino bows. they make great youth longbows that they will take back in trade as they grow and need a heavier bow...