Kifaru cargo panel - packing out whole?

mitchellbk

Lil-Rokslider
I've read it's possible, but is there any tricks to contorting a whole deer or antelope into your pack? Do you guys use paracord to keep the legs tucked in? Any pics to help me better visualize this would be great, thanks.

WoodBow

WKR
I ended up packing 3 out of that same spot using the same method last year. Using a strap to fold the legs against the body will help depending on what you have to hike through. Tethering the head back will keep them from licking the side of your face the whole way.

oldgoat

WKR
View attachment 39602
See if this pic attaches, not a deer and not a Cargo Panel, but a whole hog and an Apollo! I would imagine you would have to quarter a deer and filet the rib and back meat at a minimum to fit all in a Cargo Panel.

Grumman

WKR
View attachment 39602
See if this pic attaches, not a deer and not a Cargo Panel, but a whole hog and an Apollo! I would imagine you would have to quarter a deer and filet the rib and back meat at a minimum to fit all in a Cargo Panel.

As much as I want to see it the pic didn't show up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

mitchellbk

Lil-Rokslider
oldgoat, great photo.

Now that I think of it, strapping it in seems like the easy part. Getting it on your back seems like a bigger challenge.

oldgoat, great photo.

Now that I think of it, strapping it in seems like the easy part. Getting it on your back seems like a bigger challenge.

Lay it on the ground bag down, lay on top of the frame and strap in, roll over and stand up. Easier if there is a slight hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk