Kifaru KU 4300 review **Updated 2/25/24**

Just because I think the weight weenies are in this thread. The stripped sheep and goat weight of the pack is 5lbs 0.2oz

Pretty sick setup for 80.2oz

What I removed...
- Removed all logos
- Cut down straps to size
- Replaced all zipper pulls and bag cinch with 2.5mm cordage
- Removed key holder from lid
- Removed internal water bladder holder
- Removed all strap organizers

None of the added extra straps or cinches that came with the bag are used. I verified hauling this morning with my full camp loaded up, a 60lb sandbag, and a bear rug. I can't wait to get this pack to work.

I'll stick with this setup through bear and spring scouting and see what else I can do. Once I feel confident about the strap lengths I'll sew in the end loops again to keep them from coming out.

IMG_6321.JPG

IMG_6322.JPG

prm

WKR
Just because I think the weight weenies are in this thread. The stripped sheep and goat weight of the pack is 5lbs 0.2oz

Pretty sick setup for 80.2oz

What I removed...
- Removed all logos
- Cut down straps to size
- Replaced all zipper pulls and bag cinch with 2.5mm cordage
- Removed key holder from lid
- Removed internal water bladder holder
- Removed all strap organizers

None of the added extra straps or cinches that came with the bag are used. I verified hauling this morning with my full camp loaded up, a 60lb sandbag, and a bear rug. I can't wait to get this pack to work.

I'll stick with this setup through bear and spring scouting and see what else I can do. Once I feel confident about the strap lengths I'll sew in the end loops again to keep them from coming out.

View attachment 684491

View attachment 684492
Nice! Those zipper pulls could be shorter! :LOL:

I see a lot on my Stryker XL that could go away.

MTWop

Lil-Rokslider
Do you know if this pack will fit a bone in elk quarter? I’m trying to decide between this setup and the stone glacier terminus. I prefer the Kifaru frame but prefer the bag/layout of the terminus. Too many good options to choose from

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Do you know if this pack will fit a bone in elk quarter? I’m trying to decide between this setup and the stone glacier terminus. I prefer the Kifaru frame but prefer the bag/layout of the terminus. Too many good options to choose from
A big mature bull's hind quarter is going to be tough to fit in about any bag. I think the person that wants an ultra light bag like the KU4300 is going to be be deboning the elk rather than carrying all that extra weight of bones.

MTWop

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the feedback and great point. I only typically backpack hunt for mule deer (maybe sheep/goat if I ever draw) and day hunt for archery elk/antelope. I’m trying to find the best do-all pack, but may be better served with a couple different bags for day vs backpack hunts