KIFARU ARK FRAME review

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Looking forward to this. I imagine there were a lot of miles put on that frame and some heavy and extra cool loads carried.

Anxious to see the new bags. Had every intention of buying a Hellbender to go with my Muskeg 7000 setup at the Sheep Show but time got away from me. Probably will have to try this new frame myself if it meets your approval.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Maybe I missed it, I don't read many backpack threads these days but have they discussed why they aren't making it is 26-28" lengths now? Have they determined that 25" will work for taller folks or was there another reason?

thanks
Watched a YouTube on it and Bender addressed these two frame lengths would fit 98% of customers.

prm

WKR
I’ll have to try this frame. Have an idea of what I want for a bag, but waiting to see what they come out with. A Shape Charge (minus frame, straps, and back padding) in place of the Hellbender or Stryker bag would be perfect for me.
edit: I’m interested in your experience with the belt. It was good on the duplex, but they have made changes.

Last edited:
I’ll have to try this frame. Have an idea of what I want for a bag, but waiting to see what they come out with. A Shape Charge (minus frame, straps, and back padding) in place of the Hellbender or Stryker bag would be perfect for me.
edit: I’m interested in your experience with the belt. It was good on the duplex, but they have made changes.

Thats basically what the 22 mag was. Can probably find one used on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I missed it, I don't read many backpack threads these days but have they discussed why they aren't making it is 26-28" lengths now? Have they determined that 25" will work for taller folks or was there another reason?

thanks

My concern to being 6’7”.
But Anders is apparently the same height and is running one with zero issue. I’ll be ordering one to try and if I see issues I’ll fall back on my 26” duplex lite

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Agreed, the Duplex belt was great and I was surprised that it was changed when I received the frame. I will address the new belt in the review.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member

thanks
The Duplex frames were 22-26 so we are only talking about an inch of total height difference in the tallest frame but I can understand how taller users would be concerned.

I always ordered the 26" duplex frames for additional load lifting ability even though I am 5'11".
For reference the frame I used this fall/winter is a 25".

@Tony Trietch how’s the overall stiffness in comparison to the duplex lite vertically?
I guess one of my concerns is cranking on any of the straps to either lash a load down or even a load lifter on a big pack out and have the frame deform in a way and have it ride funny or awkward. Kuiu for example with the load lifters did this for me

prm

WKR
Do you have an estimate for when this review will be posted? Any chance of being before the 15th?

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
@Tony Trietch how’s the overall stiffness in comparison to the duplex lite vertically?
I guess one of my concerns is cranking on any of the straps to either lash a load down or even a load lifter on a big pack out and have the frame deform in a way and have it ride funny or awkward. Kuiu for example with the load lifters did this for me
I think that was a concern that they addressed before the production model released. The frame I used did not get twisted up but I try no to reef of the compression straps either.

alowell

FNG
Curious to see how this compares to the height feel of the previous frames. Was planning on buying a 24" duplex as my 26" tactical is too tall and bulky for stalking in timber.