Kifaru Nomad User Reviews

It's just a color... I don't think the animals are going to mind one bit. You matching guys are silly :)

colonel00

WKR
A sneak peek at foliage. This is a Longhunter lid on top, homemade silnylon bag in side and on the bottom is a back pouch that contains my SL5, stakes and tent stove.

20140221_182320.jpg

bmart2622

WKR
Hey colonel, that set up is exactly the way I was thinking about running it. Any chance you would take a couple of pics with the pack on your back in that configuration?

Is the pack itself a different shade than your accessories? Or is it just the photo? On the website, foliage almost looks bright grey on the nomad, but more greenish on all the other packs.

ohoopee

WKR
Will there be a mandrake bikini coming soon? I hope not. I have bought a (mandrake) nomad and a spike camp this last two weeks. I was trying to save money buying mandrake. I knew I would have to wait long time for the bikini in mandrake.

colonel00

WKR
Hey colonel, that set up is exactly the way I was thinking about running it. Any chance you would take a couple of pics with the pack on your back in that configuration?

Yeah, I will get some more pics tomorrow of some different configurations and I will see if I can get one with me in it. I can tell you that the back pouch on the bottom is pretty much even with the bottom of the frame, maybe a hair lower. The top comes up over my head a bit but I don't have the lid cranked down real tight.

Is the pack itself a different shade than your accessories? Or is it just the photo? On the website, foliage almost looks bright grey on the nomad, but more greenish on all the other packs.

Yeah, the GrabIt (obviously older version) and back pouch are definitely darker. Nothing horrible but definitely more of a green than gray.

colonel00

WKR
One thing that hit me right away that maybe Aron can answer. I am kind a lost on what to do with the lid. The only straps that can connect come from the bottom of the Nomad panel and that is what Aron crosses to hold stuff in in the videos. However, when I tried this initially, it would really tend to want to pull the lid in a twisting fashion to the center. The other option is as pictured where those straps just run up the sides of that middle bag. I guess I should go watch the videos again.

Nevermind, I forgot that the new Grabits come with buckles on the webbing.

Last edited:

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think you're good with the pod.... both work great, but it also depends on what you're putting in it. For your sleeping bag, pod is better, other small itmes the BP works best.
I bought a pod for below the bag instead of a back pouch..wondering if I made a mistake getting the pod vs. back pouch?