Kifaru Supertarp or Sawtooth

Apples and oranges
You could get a Sawtooth and a S O. or similar flat tarp and learn to pitch it like a super tarp.Save a bunch of money that way

I like the sawtooth and hav even used it solo quite a bit. Great weight to space ratio and it had held up in some really rough weather.

If you are wanting to have a hot tent I recommend a sawtooth. the super tarp and the annex can work with a stove but you will most likely be fighting the annex the whole time. for an early season shelter and being solo the supertarp is a great option. but the sawtooth will be more versatile for early through late season.

I'm in the same boat as you, looking to get a hot tent this season. When out with Friends over the weekend and got to see both a sawtooth and a seek outside tent.

Sawtooth.

I have been using the same one since 2015 and it has held up for a lot of nights and some serious weather. There might now be a better option but I haven't found it yet. A bit heavy, but tremendously spacious, great footprint, nice tall entrance, good material, great zipper, simple pitch.

For a no holds barred lightweight 1P tent I think there are better options than the Supertarp. I have spent several nights in a Tarptent Protrail LI and can attest it handles weather very well. Lighter than a Supertarp and requires vastly fewer stakes.....though you can't run a stove in it.

Back