Kill Kits?

Couple questions about your kill kits-

What size bags/pullouts are you using for your kits? I see the Rokslide kill kit comes with a medium kifaru pullout (74ci), in the kifaru pullout video, he mentions his kill kit is in a large (102ci), the viam outdoors kill kit comes with a bag thats about 100ci, and kuiu mentions using their medium dry bag for a kill kit and they are 120ci.

Do you keep your game bags in the mesh bag that they come in? And are you putting your game bags in the pullout as well, or just the other stuff (knife, cord, gloves, etc)?

Reason I ask is becaues I got a kuiu medium dry bag to use as my kit and I don't think the mesh game-bag bag would fit in there... and then I started to wonder if I'd even want it in there - might be easier to leave my game bags in the bottom of my pack rather than my kill kit in case I help a friend with an animal, and then I don't have to mess with my game bags at all.

What do you guys do?

whoop

FNG
im using kifaru large 500d pullout 102 ci

2 kifaru meat bags
2 elk quarter tag bags
1 contractor bag
fixed blade knife
scalpel blade knife, extra blades
50 ft small dia cordage
lighter

I use a medium Kifaru Pullout and its about the right size and fits the bottom of a pack well when layed flat. I put a folded piece of Tyvek 3'x4' and white trash compactor garbage bag in the bottom of the pullout then wrap two big dry bags I carry for transporting meat around the edges then start packing game bags rolled up and stuffing in my knife, electrical tape, gloves, small hemostat . I typically carry 2-20x30 ish bags (Kuiu or Caribou b/c TAG didn't make bags that size initially), 2- TAG BOMB 14x34, 1-TAG BOMB 14x20 and 1-Kuiu Medium Zip bag. This is for elk which is my primary target most of the time.

MikeStrong

Lil-Rokslider
I keep my game bags out of the kill kit pullout, and I'm using a Viam medium I think. I put my food and things into the game bags when spike camping so I'm not doubling up on bags carried anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mystery ranch Zoid bag, Black Ovis quarter bags, zip ties, Havalon, Buck S-30v knife, sharpener, paracord.

Beendare

WKR
About the only thing I do different than some is;

Nitrile gloves, i always have a few sets as I like to reglove between taking a rutty hide off and then handling the meat [i like my meat clean, I'm eating it]

I have a carabiner with a screen door wheel [acts as a pulley] that I can use if I'm hunting solo. With Paracord it gives me extra leverage on a big animal like an elk to move them around...or hold a leg back, that type of thing.

I shot a bull solo in AZ that was a pretty dang big bull ...and he died down in the hole I was hunting in some rocks on a fairly steep slope. The extra leverage from that biner made the difference moving the dang thing. In fact 2 isn't a bad idea for a solo guy. They can help you hang heavy loads too.

i have a bigger version I take Moose hunting [and I use sometimes at work]...the wheel is for a larger dia rope. You can get these at mountaineering outfits.

Last edited:

boom

WKR
i fancy myself a shadetree mechanic. i have nitrile glove everywhere. i grab some and stuff them into my homemade "hells yes! i just killed something" kit. they save the day should you unfortunately cut yourself. you can bandage yourself up, reinforce with leukotape and put a glove on and keep the wound clean. business as usual.

meat bags? alaskans i think.
i get big plastic bags from my fish monger. they are awesome for the bits like liver and heart.

then i put the stuff into some laundry bag i got in Taiwan.

tlkaetz

WKR
Medium Kifaru Ultralight Pullout
4x Blackovis Large Quarter Bag
1x Blackovis Meat Parts Bag
1x 42-Gallon Contractor Bag
50ft Zpacks 2.3mm Z-Line Reflective Cord
Havalon Piranta EDGE Knife
6x Havalon #60A Blades
2x Pair Nitrile Gloves

OP
cornfedkiller
Medium Kifaru Ultralight Pullout
4x Blackovis Large Quarter Bag
1x Blackovis Meat Parts Bag
1x 42-Gallon Contractor Bag
50ft Zpacks 2.3mm Z-Line Reflective Cord
Havalon Piranta EDGE Knife
6x Havalon #60A Blades
2x Pair Nitrile Gloves

All that stuff fits into a medium pullout? Are your game bags in the mesh bag they come in, or just loose inside the pullout?

ljalberta

WKR
I use the Kifaru medium pullout. I use TAG BOMB bags primarily and throw them in the pullout. I don't carry the mesh bag they come with. Occasionally I'll use a meat bag as a food bag as well.

Kill Kit:

Kifaru Medium Pull Out
Tyto Knife
4 Blades
Tag BOMB Bags. (6 per elk or 3 per sheep/deer)
3 Pairs of Latex Gloves
50' Cordage
Tags/Licenses

Optional:
Marking Tape
Kifaru Meat Baggie

tlkaetz

WKR
All that stuff fits into a medium pullout? Are your game bags in the mesh bag they come in, or just loose inside the pullout?

I only use the game bags from the kit. I roll all the bags up individually. It is all tight, but it fits.

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
I just put my knife, gloves, tag, rolled up game bags etc., into one of my game bags. I dont bring an extra bag/pullout to carry all of that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I like to use a Molle bag or light wt. rolltop silnylon bag so I can attach them outside my bag if things get to tight with gear and meat
pVCr55v.jpg

Iman

FNG
Ronstan- series 30 Orbit Triple Block with Becket and Cam
you can get them from West Marine.

They work great

Very nice setup. Should be handy to have when need to hang deboned meat alone. Checked their catalog, these look more like series 20 bb, not orbit series. What rope are you using with them?

OP
cornfedkiller
I like to use a Molle bag or light wt. rolltop silnylon bag so I can attach them outside my bag if things get to tight with gear and meat
pVCr55v.jpg

Just out of curiosity, why the sharpener when you have the scalpel with replaceable blades?