King for a day... Hunting Laws you wished existed, or didn’t exist.

Randle

WKR
since we are talking king, I would limit all hunting activities to friends and family only and exterminate all who disobeyed my cree😁;)

be careful what you wish for!
Be careful what you decree, the ones you wish to exterminate which can shoot back......

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I would make moose archery season in Alaska be the two weeks before and after rifle season for each GMU.

Repeal NFA and make suppressors mandatory for hunting like in Europe (cool thing they have there). It would hopefully lead to lower prices for suppressors and I hate a big magnum going off next to my head.

Rob5589

WKR
Big one to me; let game managers manage. If they conclude the species is huntable, then it is. Period. No more ballot based management. No more court interference. No more BS lawsuits by anti-everything groups.
Do away with points. Or modify them to a specific duration, say 4 years, then resets.

Mandatory kill reporting

No more saying "Cali." Yeah, I am looking at you, @Azone 😁

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
Mandatory GPS kill reporting via app for every state. More funding to double or triple the number of CO’s/wardens. Actual poaching is far more prevalent on private land than any here care to admit and will grow worse as demand for tags goes up and the amount of people that can get one go down.

Because the ones I've encountered in three different states all had a shit attitude, almost like it was their own personal land. Setting up camp in areas that pressure animals where it should be a "sanctuary " , year round scouting,pushing herds out of areas. I'd have to say that Colorado is the worst ,It seems like 4 outfitters to every 1 private hunting camp. Purely a monetary adventure with no regard for anything else. I know there are reputable honest outfitters that play by the rules and truly care about the animals they are selling, I just haven't ran across one on public lands. And ID has a serious problem with illegal guides that should be a bigger concern than NR quotas.....
Out of curiosity, why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHSD

WKR
In South Dakota, I would let youth deer hunters shoot a buck. Drives me nuts that we do not let the young kids shoot a buck.

IdahoElk

WKR
Because the ones I've encountered in three different states all had a shit attitude, almost like it was their own personal land. Setting up camp in areas that pressure animals where it should be a "sanctuary " , year round scouting,pushing herds out of areas. I'd have to say that Colorado is the worst ,It seems like 4 outfitters to every 1 private hunting camp. Purely a monetary adventure with no regard for anything else. I know there are reputable honest outfitters that play by the rules and truly care about the animals they are selling, I just haven't ran across one on public lands. And ID has a serious problem with illegal guides that should be a bigger concern than NR quotas.....

Where in Idaho? 30yrs here and never heard of this. How does one find a illegal outfitter? Not saying it doesn't exist just haven't seen it.

Crippledsledge64

Lil-Rokslider
It might be unpopular with a lot of people but i'd get rid of point systems and go with random draw. 10 year buffer period to use up points before they're gone. Other than that i'd take the enforcement of current vehicle restrictions on roads and trails over anything else.

Last edited:

cmahoney

WKR
Another one I would like to add, is a limited number of non tag holders outside of family are allowed to accompany a tag holder. The 10 guys with spotting scopes and radios checking every bowl/basin/canyon junk then calling the tag holder over to shoot crap needs to stop. This practice brings way more people out on the mountain pressuring animals and getting in peoples way.
This needs to apply to outfitters also, sorry Mossback.

I agree but that would be a tough one to tell people they can't be on public land because they are associated with an hunter. The guides and 100 sub guides for sure.

CA nonlead restrictions. The “condor thing” is a complete farce by the enviro-nazis. But they won.

Azone

WKR
I agree but that would be a tough one to tell people they can't be on public land because they are associated with an hunter. The guides and 100 sub guides for sure.

I definitely see the argument there. But it's just really irritating having to deal with the side affects of it. Maybe more of a complaint than an actual law change.

Big one to me; let game managers manage. If they conclude the species is huntable, then it is. Period. No more ballot based management. No more court interference. No more BS lawsuits by anti-everything groups.
Do away with points. Or modify them to a specific duration, say 4 years, then resets.

Mandatory kill reporting

No more saying "Cali." Yeah, I am looking at you, @Azone 😁

But I mean it in the most sarcastic and dejected manner when I say it.... 😣

cmahoney

WKR
Mandatory GPS kill reporting via app for every state. More funding to double or triple the number of CO’s/wardens. Actual poaching is far more prevalent on private land than any here care to admit and will grow worse as demand for tags goes up and the amount of people that can get one go down.

Sorry, I don’t want to report where I killed any critters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
Also mandatory life in prison with no parole for people who say "doe" as the plural of "doe"

Example: "We didnt see any bucks but we saw 5 doe this weekend"

It's like nails on a chalkboard...

But what if they "seen" 5 doe? They should be jailed for life and have to take their next of kin with them.