Klamath vs fanatic hoody

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
I have a fanatic hoodie and love it. Curious how the fs Klamath compares to it besides the mittens and face mask. Looking more into the first lite because of availability.

looking into more opinions into the comparison on warmth.
Thanks!

I had the same comparison prior to buying the Fanatic. The hand pocket was the difference to me. I use it as outer layer some when I’m in my ground blind (I bought a black one). Otherwise, it’s an insulating layer that’s exposed while traveling to my stand. In either scenario, I appreciate the pockets.

I have never worn the Klamath so I cannot comment on the warmth. The Fanatic hoody is pretty warm to me. I tend to run cold.

I can’t remember if the FL has a facemask, thumb holes? I’m for me I gave the edge to the Sitka because of the added features.

I actually want another fanatic for kicking around town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
Go fanatic. Warmer, correct length arms, front pocket, and the thumb holes on the fanatic make a good setup for not wearing gloves. The only bad thing I can say is the finish makes it easier to snag on brush if you are going through anything super thick.

I'm a FL guy, but fanatic is better.

The klamath is a great looking hoodie for around town though. Has a nice finish on it.

RAPTOR

WKR
I have both and have worn both extensively. My vote is for the 2019 version core heavyweight hoodie over either one. Fit is better, feels warmer, and no mittens.

OP
thnksno

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the replys! Def thinking going with another fanatic then. I kinda forgot how much I use the pocket on the front in the stand. I didn't even notice the FL didn't have that option. Trying to save a few bucks isnt always better. thanks!

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not a big fan of the fanatic. The fit is great, the face mask is a great idea, the hood is awesome.

But those GD built in mittens mean the sleeves either go all the way to the base of your fingers, or you roll them up and have a lot of scrunched up material around your wrist.

My Klamath might not be as warm, but it cuts the wind better than my kuiu peloton 240.

I got the camo fanatic first. The mitten things weren't for me though. It's probably slightly warmer than the Klamath & it gets bonus points for the pocket and the facemask if you're using more for hunting.

Got the Klamath in solid for mid layer / everyday & I like the fit & feel better personally. The sleeves are a tad long like everyone says.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not a big fan of the fanatic. The fit is great, the face mask is a great idea, the hood is awesome.

But those GD built in mittens mean the sleeves either go all the way to the base of your fingers, or you roll them up and have a lot of scrunched up material around your wrist.

My Klamath might not be as warm, but it cuts the wind better than my kuiu peloton 240.

I found that the scrunched up wrists wasn't any different with my klamath due to their sleeve lengths. I think it just depends on if you like the built in mittens. A good option would be to check out the fanatic at a cabelas if you can and if you don't like it, go klamath.

Squirrels

WKR
I will echo the distain for the mittens on the fanatic. Only reason I don't own one today. Could not stand those stupid things

KurtR

WKR
Both fanatic and core heavy weight are top of my list. I use both alot i forgot the mittens were even there till just now

notacos4u

FNG
I own both the fanatic and the Klamath, Even though I mainly wear my Firstlite gear the majority of the time, I love the fanatic. I find with most of the gear from both brands, I like the Firstlite to actually wear, even though I love the functionality of the Sitka gear. I think Sitka is more thought out and has a lot of useful features, but I love my Firstlite merino and other gear. I actually wish Firstlite put more thought into that aspect. I love the mittens in the fanatic hoodie, the integrated mask and the pouch.... Normally when sitting in the tree stand, if I start to get a little cold in my fingers, I’ll just fold over the mittens and occasionally pop the, into my pockets to take the chill off. I own almost every piece from both first lite and Sitka, but other than the fanatic hoodie, I find myself consistently turning to the Firstlite gear

Lowg08

WKR
I had a Klamath and my friend has the fanatic. It seems like the same material with a different camo and cut

I own both the fanatic and the Klamath, Even though I mainly wear my Firstlite gear the majority of the time, I love the fanatic. I find with most of the gear from both brands, I like the Firstlite to actually wear, even though I love the functionality of the Sitka gear. I think Sitka is more thought out and has a lot of useful features, but I love my Firstlite merino and other gear. I actually wish Firstlite put more thought into that aspect. I love the mittens in the fanatic hoodie, the integrated mask and the pouch.... Normally when sitting in the tree stand, if I start to get a little cold in my fingers, I’ll just fold over the mittens and occasionally pop the, into my pockets to take the chill off. I own almost every piece from both first lite and Sitka, but other than the fanatic hoodie, I find myself consistently turning to the Firstlite gear
Since you have so much experience with both brands, would you mind telling me what you think of this clothing system?

bottoms - FL fuse long john, Furnace Zip Off, corrugate Guide pants, Sitka Stratus bibs

tops - FL Wick LS Crew, Furnace QZ, Sitka Fanatic Hoody, Celcius Midi and Stratus Jacket

accessories - Sitka Incinerator Muff, FL Talus gloves and OTC zero cold socks