Komperdell trekking poles

muleman

WKR
I've used some for several years without issue. The model I have are Pure Carbons. Which ironically the lower section of my Pure Carbons is aluminum.

Last edited:

Brendan

WKR
I have the Carbon Expedition Vario 4. They've worked well but I did manage to break one of the internal plastic adjusters on a winter ski trip (it's a twist to tighten collapsible z-type pole) It was fixed free of charge, but would've sucked to have it happen packing out an elk.

kodiakfly

WKR
I've got a pair of the carbons. I like them, and they've done well for me with no issues.

I have a pair of the carbon Vario 4's that I've been using the past few season's. When I got them I thought they wouldn't do well in the mountains and in the rocks. I was completely wrong and they've exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds. They'll be going with me again this season into the mountains and I can't wait.

Mike7

WKR
I have no experience with the carbon poles, but have had a pair of Komperdell Ridgehiker Cork Power Lock aluminum poles for several years and they are one of the best purchases that I have ever made. I would purchase another pair tomorrow and they do not seem heavy at all. I have used them weekly to several times weekly during that time for hiking, backpacking, hunting, shelter set up, etc. and have beat the crap out of them, and they still keep on trekkin. In fact, they lock out better now than when they were new, because there is some built up oxidation, dirt, and pitch on the aluminum surface, which makes it impossible for them to slip now even if the powerlocks are set with very light pressure.