Kowa 773 or 883?

OP
Mdfowlman2
88 Vs 77, Go with the 88. Or suck it up and go to the 99. I had the 88 and somebody borrowed it, so I replaced it with the 99 and all I can say is WOW.
Of course the bigger you go the better they are, not a practical way of looking at it if your packing it with you.

Think he is trying to skip being a sponsor here or doesn’t
want to list the vendor, if so pay the extra to a supporting sponsor that keep the lights on here to ask questions and get great info.
Did not want to list the vendor as it is not a site sponsor. Doug (CameraLand) is a sponsor and is awesome to work with. I happily bought my Kowa 554 and cover from him.

tdhanses

WKR
My daughter and I messing with the moon, it was little windy so hard to get a decent pic tonight, Kowa 773 with extender , zoom at 96x and iPhone 13 at 2x.

CAB07EA0-3024-45BC-917E-AD11A338F2B1.jpeg

iPhone zoom at unknown, it was super touchy with movement making it hard to focus at all.

C4EDE481-CAF5-420A-8CA7-BC3E1642F556.jpeg

Here is one at 60x no zoom on phone.

05B7B24B-3EF9-4255-9D60-6B54A9CF586D.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m about to pull the trigger on a new spotter.
I’ve narrowed it down to either the kowa 773 or 883 or possibly the swaro ats 65.
The price difference between these three isn’t much and I don’t want to to affect my decision.
This will be for elk hunts and mule deer hunts. Half glassing from close to the truck, however I have points built in two states for high country mule deer hunts that will take place in the next 2/3yrs.

I know weight can be an issue but I’m not sure I’m overly worried about the 15oz total difference from the lightest to the heaviest. I feel like I’d rather cut weight elsewhere and have better optics on the mountain.

Of cost weren’t an issue which spotter should you buy, and why?
Thanks in advance!!
how do you glass? do you tripod/window mount Bino's and use spotter more for when you see things of interest and or judging duty? or do you plant to actually search for game with spotter? try to weight your decisions on type and amount of use, the kowa line up are fantastic instruments for judging and presenting the most detailed accurate reproduction of the scene, Swarovski puts more curve into the scene to reduce panning rolling ball effect to make more comfortable for those who spend a lot of time searching with a spotter, see if you can get some time behind both, I do most glassing with binos and minimal with spotter where I do need it though I'm judging rams for legality and need maximum image reproduction and accuracy...I choose kowa, you can also search with kowa but just more stop and go but I hate searching with one eye period...just can't do it as long as I can with two eyes

Always go bigger objective if its not a carry issue, more light in, see things better in lower light.