KuduPoint Contour+Plus 4 blade broadhead

They get a rash of crap, but you can't argue repeatable positive results with zero moving parts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
i shot WB's for a bunch of years, i agree with you, the rash of crap is just regurgitated misinformation.... they work well in all conditions, and work every time. people who speak down on them are those who have never used them or had them set up incorrectly, there is no other explanation.

i have been using QAD the past few years, and am probably gonna try a Hamskea this year, but it has nothing to do with any shortcomings of a WB.... i just like trying different stuff to form my own opinions, because we all know you can't put much into opinions on the internet.

i think the new kudu heads are a win, if i have time, i plan on shooting a fall bear with one.... if i don't have time, i'm laying myself off the whole elk season, and will be killing a roosie with one.... i expect them to be awesome. kudu have better edge retention than anything in their price range, and are forgiving in flight.... still not a fan of how small the 100gr are, but the bleeders will help a good deal.... the 125's and 150's are good proportions (the new 125 plus is right in my wheelhouse of ideal)

look forward to some real world results from folks in Sept! i think the 125 plus is a very versatile elk head. i have seen several elk shot with kudu heads, and the heads have all came out in great shape, and almost all will still shave. they may not be the easiest to resharpen, but their edge retention makes up for it.

i consider iron will the gold standard for elk heads, and kudu isn't that far off in edge retention, and with all of those angles on their blades, they are no easier to sharpen than kudu (kudu aren't bad once you get the hang of it)

i think kudu heads are one of the best bangs for the buck in the broadhead world. i found one last year that i missed a bull with the season prior (hit a branch on a steep downhill shot and it went into orbit) there was a little line of rust around where the blade and ferrule meet, but perfect besides that... still hunting sharp. this was at about 100' above sea level about 3 miles from the ocean.

i shot one into a dry spruce root a few years ago, and after i cut and dug it out, it still shaved. really quality head for the money, and bleeders are a nice improvement..... especially bleeders that don't compromise the integrity of the head at all. that's the issue with most bleeders, they weaken the head... some really weaken the head like a magnus buzzcut with their split ferrule to accept bleeder blades.... kudu designed a bleeder that doesn't, and that's awesome for real world hunting.

OP
I

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
Did a little more playing around with them today. I'm not a big fan of "reviews". I'd rather refer to this as "observations".

Weighing them out, they are all within .2 grains of each other. The main ferrule/blade assemblies come in right at 117 grains and the bleeders right at 8 grains.

As far as the bleeder blade grooves, here's a pic to show them a bit better from the end.
65e27a7126fb526f0a64712c846ed7fb.jpg

I don't worry about broadhead noise, because the bow is louder and is the first thing the animal will hear anyways. That said, I did record them out of curiosity and because I'm still learning my new camera and how to edit. So if that's a thing for you, here they are vs field points.

With the camera at the target, there is definitely a difference. With the camera setup in between myself and the target at the 30 yard mark, the difference disappears.

On a side note, we upgraded our internet today. We went from a 3 mbps plan to a 10 mbps plan. Can you tell how far out we live? Haha it's quite a bit faster for sure and uploads sure are quicker.

OP
I

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
Nice, let us know how they work out for you. I bought 6 more so my dad and I will both be rocking quivers full of these heads this fall for elk and whitetails.

I've been contemplating ordering a 7-pin slider so I can dial out past 80 yards. I'm running 20-80 yard pins but would really like to practice out to 100 or more. It's crazy how accurate these heads are.

TheViking

WKR
I’m new to Kudu, always liked the design, but don’t really like 2 blade heads without bleeders. The Plus changed all that. Ordered up some 125 Plus - love the 1.25” wide cut.

The shot below is at 70 yards.

Shot them all wknd and they are still sharp! I’ll touch them up before season, but they held their edge really well.

I’ve shot the majority of heads out there (I’m a tinkerer) and I didn’t have one single flyer or head that planed off on me. This rarely happens.

These will be in my quiver for elk and deer this year. Extremely impressed!

0840cc9493a162bb52f2f5ba96dca7b9.jpg

Nice groups! I am Looking for great bone splitting ability and penetration while still leaving decent blood on the event of liver or gut shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
I

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
I slung a few tonight while playing with some Firenocks. Gotta say, even though they are expensive, I love the ease of use of the Firenocks. Longevity, well time will tell.

First two shots are FPs followed by a Kudu Contourplus 125. End of video is 2 FPs and 3 Kudus in target, all at 80.

87TT

WKR
One of these arrows is a FP and the other is a Kudupoint contour plus. My last shots of the day. I was shooting some 3D on the hill behind my house and then some odd yardages at the target. I shout the BH at 44.5 yards and the FP at 80 for the las shot of the day. I only shoot the BH (one) at an empty target and never the other way. Too many damaged arrows.KIMG0136.JPG
The one on the left is the Kudupoint

OP
I

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
Nice, these heads obviously excel in the accuracy department, now I gotta put one through a few animals this year.

87TT

WKR
Put a standard through one last year. he went a few hundred yards on wobbly legs and died. Started raining right after the shot but he was dead right there.

The bleeder blades are not near as sharp as the main blades and they are hard to sharpen for me at least. Thoughts?

87TT

WKR
The bleeder blades are not near as sharp as the main blades and they are hard to sharpen for me at least. Thoughts?

I use a round rod diamond sharpener just like on the blades. It is easy to touch them up.

shot a bull on friday with a 125 contour plus, ribs on both sides, heart/both lungs, and went through the off side leg bone... very short track job, but left good blood for the short distance it went. head is in excellent shape still, super good performance all around. shot was 7 or 8 yds with a 524gr arrow

here is a short video of the blood trail, even though it was a short trail

MattB

WKR
shot a bull on friday with a 125 contour plus, ribs on both sides, heart/both lungs, and went through the off side leg bone... very short track job, but left good blood for the short distance it went. head is in excellent shape still, super good performance all around. shot was 7 or 8 yds with a 524gr arrow

here is a short video of the blood trail, even though it was a short trail

Congratulations.

psirus7

WKR
Anybody else get to arrow an animal with the 4-blade yet? Curious about the blood trails. Cheers.
-Sam