Kuiu Kutana vs O.R. Foray rain gear

Lukeh

FNG
Which is more durable? Trying not to break the bank on lighter rain gear that won’t fall apart in western wa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kostrize

WKR
I hike and hunt in Western Washington and use the OR Foray jacket as a contingency hard shell. It wouldn’t stand up very long to the brush out here. I hunt and break brush with the FL SEAK and Kuiu Yukon and they’ve both been up to the task.

I bought the Kuiu Kutana soft shell pants and they seem pretty durable but I haven’t put them to the test yet. As far as the Kutana rain gear...I don’t really see the point in it with it’s waterproof and breathability ratings being so much lower and the Yukon already being built for durability.

Benjblt

WKR
I hike and hunt in Western Washington and use the OR Foray jacket as a contingency hard shell. It wouldn’t stand up very long to the brush out here. I hunt and break brush with the FL SEAK and Kuiu Yukon and they’ve both been up to the task.

I bought the Kuiu Kutana soft shell pants and they seem pretty durable but I haven’t put them to the test yet. As far as the Kutana rain gear...I don’t really see the point in it with it’s waterproof and breathability ratings being so much lower and the Yukon already being built for durability.

Waterproof rating is the same for the Kutana as the Yukon. It's the breathability that is different. The idea is that they are durable for the weight. They are lighter then the Yukon, at about the weight of the Chugach but more durable then the Chugach.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk