Kuiu Kutana vs Tiburon Pants for CO Archery Elk

utley010

FNG
I have both the Kutana and Tiburon pants and wondering which to keep for September archery elk hunting in north central CO. Main question is how much rough brush I should expect. I prefer hiking the Tiburons just because I run hot and they are the lightest pants I own, but the Kutanas seem just a bit more durable for not much of a weight trade off. Any thoughts on experience with either of these pants would be appreciated.

Poser

WKR
Depends if you’re going to be in the scrub elevation or the willow elevation. Willows won’t be an issue for Tiburons. Scrub oak, however, you want something tougher.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Can’t say for sure where you are gonna be hunting but the katanas have been great for me here in north Florida. I beat the crap out of mine in scrub oaks and thickets and they have held up very well. I have like 6 pairs of them but the camo ones I hunt in the most are going on season #4 and look almost brand new… not sure about the tiburons…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norm555

WKR
I'd probably go Kutana. I love the Tiburon and think they're more comfortable, but they don't hold up like the Kutana pants.

BBob

WKR
I thrash my Tiburons all over southern Arizona, not one bit of durability issues. One pair must be 4 years give or take old. Small holes in the knees from climbing silly rocks but still going and I grab that pair more often than not because I know I’m going to beat them up. I do have a pair of Kutana but prefer the Tiburon. I’d have no hesitation at all hunting elk anywhere in Tiburon’s. Matter of fact I’ll be wearing Tiburon’s in CO in about a month 😉

idig4au

WKR
I thrash my Tiburons all over southern Arizona, not one bit of durability issues. One pair must be 4 years give or take old. Small holes in the knees from climbing silly rocks but still going and I grab that pair more often than not because I know I’m going to beat them up. I do have a pair of Kutana but prefer the Tiburon. I’d have no hesitation at all hunting elk anywhere in Tiburon’s. Matter of fact I’ll be wearing Tiburon’s in CO in about a month 😉
What he said