KUIU Pack Pro Sale

Fair, but you could likely fashion an extension either from webbing sourced locally or when you place your order.

Fair, but you could likely fashion an extension either from webbing sourced locally or when you place your order.
You can make the webbing a hundred inches long. That doesn't mean the belt is going to fit correctly. When the large / extra large belt covers 34 to 54. That's pretty piss-poor. So the belt will fit a 34-in individual correctly! If someone was to actually be 50 in or more. The padding would be literally just on their back. I have a 40-in waist unfortunately. That belt is not going to fit me CORRECTLY. Can we make it fit with webbing? Absolutely. But will it fit like it really should? Absolutely not. That's the entire problem

For those who took advantage of the sale, what was the discount amount? Anyone know if they usually do a memorial day sale?

2300 and 6000 showed up to the door yesterday. Initial impression is good, looking forward to really trying them out.
Was down to SG and then read/watched the pack showdown. Felt like the deal was too good to pass up with the sale on the kuiu.
Used the pro 6000 a couple times over the summer, one a short overnight backpack trip up to hot springs with my wife and a growler full of gin and tonic (perhaps I didn’t think that through).

The other was a 40 mile trip with my son over a few days. Pack and frame feels good, love the organization and pockets. It is super comfortable. Overall very happy with the comfort and function, but the bag developed 2 holes on the back just above the frame.

I tend to baby my gear so really no excuse for this. Contacted Kuiu and they were kind enough to send me a replacement while also stating in the email that the warranty does not cover holes? This is on a pack that has been now used on two outings. Now afraid to use the new/ replacement bag.

I have had a Dana Designs Glacier that has thousands of miles on it at this point over 20+ years and still looks new (though sticky on the inside) and an Osprey pack that I picked up 4-5 years ago that has hundreds of miles on it also without any issues.

Last edited: