KUIU Taku Bag vs Baggage Handler

Damn. Yeah I’d be pissed. Glad they covered it. What airline (shaming is due)? Silver lining is that it happened on the way FROM instead of TO. Yeah I considered the Taku as a backpack dry bag basically. Is that accurate? I was looking at one for commercial travel also but the duffels are also an option. This is the worst Taku flying experience I’ve seen so it’s definitely an airline issue.
Air Canada. I now drive to Calgary and fly Air North to Whitehorse. They are super hunter friendly and I’ve never had any issues with anything with them.

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
I have and use the taku bags. Perfect for when I need to throw in back of truck and keep dust and dirt off clothes and gear. Keeps out a mist or occasional splash but they are not waterproof. In a soaking rain or sitting on a wet surface the water will find its way in.

Also the 9000 is huge as others have mentioned. Until it’s in your hands you don’t realize how big.

AndyB

WKR
Wouldn't trust baggage handlers with any bag to be honest, but that taku looks like it would fit in one of these great.
Ive gone stateside twice with all my gear apart from optics in one of these, inc 28'' compound bow in its cordura case as well as 5200 backpack. Has wheels and shoulder straps. Only damage it has sustained up to now is some wear on the material near the wheels, but that's down to the angle ive been dragging it behind me. https://redpaddleco.com/en-us/product/carry-bag/

Did anyone have issues with the 9000 ci from a size perspective checking this as a bag assuming it was under 50#, or did the airline consider it oversized?