Kuiu ultra merino....

Sherman

WKR
......zip off base layer pants.
Game changer for archery elk hunts in the Rockies, or just buy the kind that you have to take off your boots, then take off your pants, then take off your base layer pants, then put your other pants back on, then put your boots back on?

Warmsy

WKR
I'm buying some of those zips offs soon. We have, typically, 40 degree temperature swings between night and day. Never gets cold enough to wear thermals all day. I hate taking off my boots.

For sure! Havent tried the kuiu but I like the first lite ones boot top length ones cause theres no need for them to be so long with boots. They are pretty fagile tho mine have stitching coming apart after 1 season. Plus they zip from top to bottom and there is nothing to hold the zipper shut so they come undone slightly. The minus33 chugach ones are the best design in my opinion but they are heavyweight so only good for pretty cold temps. I want some like the minus33 chugach but in a lighter weight lol

Acidbraker

Lil-Rokslider
I have the ultra merino, pro merino, and ultra down zip offs. The ultra merino are my favorite for that added layer of warmth when you need it. The pros are a little heavier and are full length, not lower/mid calf like the ultras. I wasn't really able to detect a warmth difference between the two.

The ultra down are nice for layering UNDER when I'm sitting still, or cold camping inside a sleeping bag. Down ultras do not have a fly of any sort, which kinda sucks.