Lanai Mouflon/Axis Logistics Questions

Korongo

FNG
The gulches are rough but certainly not impossible, use the game trails, there are plenty of them. No running water in the gulches either. Animals will all be high ... probably top 1/3 of the mauna. Know the tradewind direction, it wraps over and around the island since the island is so low. Wind will dictate if you're hunting uphill, downhill or committed to sidehilling it. Aloha
Good deal. I appreciate the info!
Thanks Kaeo!
The gulches are rough but certainly not impossible, use the game trails, there are plenty of them. No running water in the gulches either. Animals will all be high ... probably top 1/3 of the mauna. Know the tradewind direction, it wraps over and around the island since the island is so low. Wind will dictate if you're hunting uphill, downhill or committed to sidehilling it. Aloha

OP
T

tjr

FNG
Just got back from the islands.
Tagged a couple ewes in the brief 1.5 days I hunted - many thanks to the guys here who helped me along the way!
Had I planned some things earlier, I could have secured lodging for the whole hunt and filling several more tags would have been highly likely. Saw 200+ sheep and about 12 deer (including 3 small bucks and 2 nice bucks).

All in all, a super fun hunt. I'll definitely do it again. Now that I know how limited beds and vehicles are on Lanai (and some ways to skirt those issues that I learned from other hunters), I'll be way more prepared next time. Would be a lot of fun to hunt with some buddies too.