Laponia discontinued

ChrisAU

WKR
Lapponia Lite in brown??

Edit: please sweet sweet 7lb 8 oz beeby jesus make them in Wide/EE

takemymoney.jpg

BDRam16

WKR
I must but the only one who enjoys the lighter weight sole. Running the Thor II with the same one and it’s my favorite boot. Was debating on grabbing the Lapponia for when I don’t need something as stiff as the Thor.

ChrisAU

WKR
Would appear the Lites have the same sole as the II, think they are just II’s in a different color. Which is perfect IMO.

feanor

WKR
I really like the new sole on the III , but that lite is lookin reeeeal nice. Good roll out imo

Joshf303*

Lil-Rokslider
Would appear the Lites have the same sole as the II, think they are just II’s in a different color. Which is perfect IMO.
Yeah, and 6” vs 8” boot…
I’m digging the options. Really wanted to try another pair of Altitudes since they’ve started offering them in a wide, but the Lites are appealing.

ChrisAU

WKR
Yeah, and 6” vs 8” boot…
I’m digging the options. Really wanted to try another pair of Altitudes since they’ve started offering them in a wide, but the Lites are appealing.
Ahhh hadn’t noticed that. Dang. I’m still gonna give them a try.

I have 2 pairs or the original Lapponia’s and love them. One pair the soles are smoked and the second pair is almost there. I read someone mention Crispis cobbler… Is there somewhere I can send them to have them resoled? Has anyone done this and were they happy with them when they got them back?

nobody

WKR
I have 2 pairs or the original Lapponia’s and love them. One pair the soles are smoked and the second pair is almost there. I read someone mention Crispis cobbler… Is there somewhere I can send them to have them resoled? Has anyone done this and were they happy with them when they got them back?
Gary’s shoes in Richfield Utah is the “Crispi approved” resoler. If your boots are still within the warranty window, it’s best to use him. They only use Crispi’s soles and processes, but the reviews are good. Here’s a review of the process:

Additionally, Mr. Cobbler in Grand Junction will also resole them. He uses aftermarket Vibram soles and rebuilds them using a more traditional “one size fits all” type method, not necessarily back to how they were when they came out of the Crispi factory. Personally, if I ever need a pair resoled outside the warranty window, I’ll be using them:

Yeah this is definitely outside the warranty window. If I had payed attention to the warranty on first pair I probably would have qualified. Soles were smoked in 6 months but I was wearing them everyday at work. I’ll look into Mr Cobbler CO. Thank you for the response.

This change sucks. Those flexible, sticky rubber soles are the best part of the boot. I'll have to pick up a pair of the Lapponia 2s before they sell out.
I just picked up a pair of 3’s at scheels today. They feel the same to me. Out of the entire crispi line they are the only ones that feel good on my feet. The other models have a higher arch that disagree with my flat feet. I was bummed they changed them too but to my understanding they fixed some durability issues. Go try on a new pair I think you’ll be surprised

craigrh13

FNG
I just picked up a pair on discount. I’ve been wearing them around the house and these things are flat out uncomfortable on my foot. They seem like solid boots but my feet literally hurt from them. I’ve never had that issue before. I will be returning these to Blackovis.

They just seemed right all the way around especially in the toe box. I love my Schnee Timberlines.

Can anyone recommend another lightweight boot to try that is similar to the Lapponia 2’s?

ChrisAU

WKR
Confirmed with Crispi that the Lite isn't being offered in wide sizes. Ugh. Sticking with my II's for this coming season I suppose.

GuideGun

FNG
Got a pair of the Lapponia 3s from Blackovis yesterday. Put a pair of SuperFeet insoles in them. Been wearing them around today, I think they are great. Im a long time user of the Crispi Nevadas, wanted something a little lighter and more breathable for turkey season. These should do well.

boatlee

FNG
Just another excuse to buy the next model lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk