Largest bullet for 7mm PRC?

LFC911

WKR
I did some quick searching and couldn't find the answer. Looking to use my CA Ridgeline FFT in 7PRC for elk hunting this year and want to know the largest bullet recommended for it. It has a 22" bbl and 1:8 twist. Is there anyone that can help a fella out?

I haven't had a chance to measure the coal for the Christensen long action but I'd imagine you should have enough room in the event you start playing with VLDS. Hornady OAL gauge and a set of Hornady comparators that measure off the ogive come in handy when you start playing with harmonics and bullet tunning for a particular barrel. For under $100 you can get a full setup and create some great loads.

Axlrod

WKR
The 180 Berger HVLD is a very good hunting bullet. It has worked better than the Berger 195 in several of each 7STW, 7 WSM and 28 Nosler.

You the man! I have a Mesa fft 6.5 prc that shoots lights out and very tempted to grab a Ridgeline fft in 7prc, my only hesitation was the actual mag length but you addressed that!

Federal’s new 170 TA load looks to be about a perfect elk load in 7prc

Lou
I ordered some yesterday...if it thaws out anytime soon I'll try and get some real world speeds for them.

The 130 TA in my 6.5 PRC performed great on my buck this year.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
IMO, the 180 Hybrid is the ideal bullet for this sized case. The 195 looses a lot of steam in which the BC doesn't make up inside of 1000 yards.

I'm usually a fan of bigger is better but to me, the 180 is easy to load for and flat does the job.

I'm running it in my 7 SAUM at 2840 from a 20 inch barrel and consistently .5moa to 850.