Last three books you've read?

Beendare

WKR
"The Red Circle, my life in the navy SEALS", Brandon Webb, John Mann- good

"One Good Deed", David Baldachi- slow, overly melodramatic- don't waste your time

"Falcon Seven," John Huston- Very Good...so far the 2 from him I've read were very good the other being "Secret Justice"

_____

"The Saga of Hugh Glass"- John Meyers Meyers
"The Course of Empire"- Bernard Devoto
"Caliban's War" James A Corey

16Bore

WKR
Preppy Handbook
How to Shit in the Woods
Fannie Farmers Boston School Cookbook

Didn’t quite do a cover to cover thing. Man I miss Cliffs Notes.

ODB

WKR
Since my last post:

Love, Life, and Elephants by Dame Daphne Sheldrick

Circling the Sun by Paula Mclain

On Leopard Rock by Wilbur Smith

The Wild Truth by Carine McCandless

Cocktail Hour Under the Tree of Forgetfulness by Alexandra Fuller

Books 4, 5, and 6 of the wheel of time series. . . But prior to books 1, 2, and 3 of the same said series

Eagle against the Sun : WW2 book about the war with Japan

The Rising Sun: decline and fall of the Japanese Empire

If you like digging into WW2 both are excellent!

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
1-The Twits by Roald Dahl- a hilarious kids book. My wife and I enjoy it as much as our kids.

2-Mule Deer-Western Challenge by Bob Robb. Picked it up in a thrift store, after reading Robby’s book and Dwight Schuh’s book. It has lots of cool stories, and lays out the basic principles pretty well.

Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. This one is too intellectual for me. I must be missing a lot of subtle humor, because it just seems weird. My smartest friend loaned it to me, and I cannot make sense of it.

Some fantastic reads listed here...I've been reading a couple different series in tandem, the Richard Sharpe novels by Bernard Cornwell, and the Poldark novels by Winston Graham...I'm a sucker for history, especially British stuff and the American West...
...tops on my wish list are 'The Canoe and the Saddle' by Theodore Winthrop, 'Tales of an Empty Cabin' by Grey Owl, and the Philip R. Goodwin coffee table book...

Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
Almost done with Undaunted Courage, the Lewis and Clark journey with a lot of insights about the trip.

I waded through parts of the actual journals years ago, but this is like the cliff notes version plus some about Jefferson, few things that could have ended it pretty quick. Good read

GLB

WKR
^^^ That (Undaunted Courage) is up next for me as well as the classic “Call of the Wild”

OP
mtnkid85

mtnkid85

WKR
Finished another couple, All the pretty horses- Cormac McCarthy, which was good. Glad I read it and it was a good story but kinda meh.
Last Stand- Michael Punke, what a great read. Really enjoyed the history of my local area and drew some inspiration from Grinnells drive to fight for conservation.

ODB

WKR
1-The Twits by Roald Dahl- a hilarious kids book. My wife and I enjoy it as much as our kids.

2-Mule Deer-Western Challenge by Bob Robb. Picked it up in a thrift store, after reading Robby’s book and Dwight Schuh’s book. It has lots of cool stories, and lays out the basic principles pretty well.

Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. This one is too intellectual for me. I must be missing a lot of subtle humor, because it just seems weird. My smartest friend loaned it to me, and I cannot make sense of it.

See the cat, see the cradle?