Late Season Base Layer Kuiu

J.flanagan

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few different merino pieces that I use for next to skin but I'm interested in trying out a few synthetics also. Kuiu is running a sale at the moment and i'm thinking about picking a few pieces up to try. However, i do have a few questions.

What piece(s) would be a good next to skin option? I'm leaning towards the Peloton 97 but would like to hear some opinions. I wont use it standalone very often so I'm not overly concerned with a DWR coating.

bought a set of 97s this year and love them. Super warm for their weight and very comfortable.

Seeknelk

WKR
Definitely pick up the 97 bottoms at least. I absolutely love them compared to the 200 merino. Lighter ,warmer , stretchy . Dry much faster. I haven't tried the heavier synthetics yet.

I don't care for my 97 top, especially next to skin, seems to get balmy and hold moisture somehow but that's just my impression in relatively warm weather. In cold weather it's too thin to matter and other pieces are better IMO. I've worn it a few times over their 145 merino and it's OK. I like the Peleton 200 a LOT and both versions happen to be 40% off on their sale right now. I have the hoodie version already and ordered the hoodless version for when it's under an outer layer with a hood (I hate stacked hoods).

Fred

Lil-Rokslider
I don't care for my 97 top, especially next to skin, seems to get balmy and hold moisture somehow but that's just my impression in relatively warm weather. In cold weather it's too thin to matter and other pieces are better IMO. I've worn it a few times over their 145 merino and it's OK. I like the Peleton 200 a LOT and both versions happen to be 40% off on their sale right now. I have the hoodie version already and ordered the hoodless version for when it's under an outer layer with a hood (I hate stacked hoods).
Hey I completely second what you wrote and jumped on the sale price for another one.

OP
J

J.flanagan

Lil-Rokslider
How do their Mediums run size wise? I typically wear small in my other pieces but I hear kuiu runs a bit small. I'm 5'9 160lb. I don't need skin tight but I don't want loose either.

How do their Mediums run size wise? I typically wear small in my other pieces but I hear kuiu runs a bit small. I'm 5'9 160lb. I don't need skin tight but I don't want loose either.
I wear L in pretty much everything else and XL fits me great. My son is about your height and 20 lbs heavier and L fit him pretty well. I'd think Medium is where you're at in Kuiu.

BBob

WKR
5'9" 158 ish and a medium fits right. I wear my 97 hoody over a merino ss base. My 97 is my most used and most worn piece of clothing.