Late season pant - Timberline vs Fjallraven Vidda Pro

They ended up being too tight in the legs and seat. Does the material ever break in? They were really loud, stiff, and uncomfortable. I think I would have sent them back even if they did fit.
The Vidas I have are a little stiffer. At first I wasn't sure about them but after needing a durable pant because the Timberlines were getting thrashed and spending 4 days in them I ended up liking them. I never noticed them being loud.

fwafwow

WKR
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I didn't want to start a separate similar thread.

I love my Vidda Pro Ventilated - for early/hot season, the pockets, etc. I'm also looking at a later season pant but from Fjallraven. Are the non-ventilated much warmer, or do I need to go to the Kebs?

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I didn't want to start a separate similar thread.

I love my Vidda Pro Ventilated - for early/hot season, the pockets, etc. I'm also looking at a later season pant but from Fjallraven. Are the non-ventilated much warmer, or do I need to go to the Kebs?
Can’t comment on the warmth. The material felt thicker than the timberline. Also a lot stiffer, so that may have played into my impressions on material thickness. Keep in mind I never wore them in the field or broke them in. Just returned them due to thigh sizing.

fwafwow

WKR
Can’t comment on the warmth. The material felt thicker than the timberline. Also a lot stiffer, so that may have played into my impressions on material thickness. Keep in mind I never wore them in the field or broke them in. Just returned them due to thigh sizing.
Thx. I figured even as the OP that you may not know. I might need a new thread

Bluumoon

WKR
I have the Fjallraven Keb trousers, I have a "sturdy lower" body, pants are snug but flex in all the right spots, can fit base layer under. A little pricy if you can't find a sale, but have held up for a few years.

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR

They have 3 different pants in the Vidda line.

The regular Vidda pros which are the warmest, the Vidda pro ventilated which are the same as the regular Vidda pro but they add breathable stretch material to the crotch and thighs, and the Vidda pro lites which use a much lighter material than the regular and ventilated.

I own all 3 and use the ventilated the most. Viddas are the only pants I’ve found that hold up to hunting in Arizona season after season.

I think the regulars will be more than warm enough for you. Go with the long length if you are over 5’11”. They will be slim in the thighs and seat which I prefer in hunting pants. They can also accept knee pads which I use all the time.

Let me know if you have any questions.

VinoVino

Lil-Rokslider
One thing I’ve noticed wearing the Vidda Pro pants is that I have to concentrate more on widening my stance. If the fabric rubs together, it makes a measurable “swishing” noise. But as long as I’m careful, they’re great.

I think the Kebs may actually be a little cooler than the regular Vida Pro due to the stretch fabric.

fwafwow

WKR

The regular Vidda pros which are the warmest, the Vidda pro ventilated which are the same as the regular Vidda pro but they add breathable stretch material to the crotch and thighs, and the Vidda pro lites which use a much lighter material than the regular and ventilated.

I own all 3 and use the ventilated the most. Viddas are the only pants I’ve found that hold up to hunting in Arizona season after season.

I think the regulars will be more than warm enough for you. Go with the long length if you are over 5’11”. They will be slim in the thighs and seat which I prefer in hunting pants. They can also accept knee pads which I use all the time.

Thanks. I think I will try the Vidda Pros. As for the length, that is a good point. I’m 6’2” and the regular length in the Vidda Pro Ventilated are perfect - maybe even a bit long, but the adjustable straps at the ankles make them work. Do the VP and VP Ventilated fit different?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Thanks. I think I will try the Vidda Pros. As for the length, that is a good point. I’m 6’2” and the regular length in the Vidda Pro Ventilated are perfect - maybe even a bit long, but the adjustable straps at the ankles make them work. Do the VP and VP Ventilated fit different?
I’m also 6’2” and use their Long length. Fit is the same amongst the line in my size.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR

This is valid. AZ cat claw, scrub oak, and manzanita will shred just about anything. I think the Viddas would survive that a lot better than the Timberlines!

Pdzoller

WKR
I heavily waxed a pair. I live in Oregon and work predominantly in the coast range. They are pretty much wind proof and extremely water resistant. I have had nothing but good experiences with Fjallraven. They are definitely louder than any of my other hunting pants but I predominantly hunt with my rifle.