Leadership Training Courses

I am in my agencies executive training program and I have a $10k budget for leadership training courses. This is in addition to a 30 day FEI course and 4 months worth of details. I would probably prefer something in person, but am open to virtual as well. Any good recommendations? I heard Disney has some, but I am not super thrilled with the woke direction they have gone. Let me know what you got…

TSAMP

WKR
Dale Carnegie. Several different subjects. It felt a little gimmicky but I walked away with some useful tools. Especially for public speaking and negotiations.

LoggerDan

WKR
South Central Foundation. It’s primarily a medical facility, but the foundation encompasses so much beyond that. They host representatives of business and non profits from all over the country. Leadership and grants and internal structure I guess are their big hallmarks.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I am in my agencies executive training program and I have a $10k budget for leadership training courses. This is in addition to a 30 day FEI course and 4 months worth of details. I would probably prefer something in person, but am open to virtual as well. Any good recommendations? I heard Disney has some, but I am not super thrilled with the woke direction they have gone. Let me know what you got…

Paul Howe- CSAT. Yes he is “tactical”, no that’s not all. Quite frankly having been to, been through, and worked with a bunch of “leaders” and “leadership” courses, what Paul says and does in his own actions are what leadership looks like. If you want a look at it, his book Leadership and Training for The Fight should be the roadmap.

Marble

WKR
On this note reading Extreme Ownership and Dichotomy of Leadership was very helpful. I would assume their class takes the books a step further. The company I work for provided an Emerging Leader Program for us and I felt I got more from the books than the ELP classes.
But great books that can give someone a good basis of where their mindset should be.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Mojave

WKR
My agency pays for the same, I was looking at going to NOLS in Lander, Wyoming. One of my mother's classmates is the founder. They have gone in a direction that is about as WOKE as F.
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?origTrackNum=9506110270413195237536 Understanding White Dominant Culture | Lindsay Babbitt | T 1-5p & W 9a-12n, $125
Just WTF?

This is Legit. I was in the Navy with Jocko, I would follow him anywhere. I didn't personally know him, he was well known in both Naval Aviation and SPECWAR. Met him on the carrier about 20 years ago when he was coming off a deployment in the hangar bay, and we were trying to get an aircraft moved to the flight deck. Humble guy with a huge personality. About 30 women were doing jazzercize in the hangarbay floor and he and his guys were covered in sand, and packing about 8 rifles each through the hangar bay trying to get to a berthing. One of his NCO's was someone I had served with before he became a SEAL and they stopped and talked to me for a minute or two.

You might be able to get a seat at the Army, Air Force or Navy Command And General Staff Colleges or War Colleges. Sometime in March they advertise it, and your package is due in April or May for Fall of the year. You are there a year.

We also have a lot of online leadership courses that are open to non DOD agencies. I do not know anything on how that works.

Dale Carnegie. Several different subjects. It felt a little gimmicky but I walked away with some useful tools. Especially for public speaking and negotiations.
I second this. If you haven't read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" id start there.

Check out CabreraToro (cabreratoro.com). I have worked with Joseph directly in a corporate setting in the past. Will be a similar philosophy to Jocko and Leif. He does a variety of pre-progammed stuff and also builds custom programming.

cb122

FNG
Paul Howe- CSAT. Yes he is “tactical”, no that’s not all. Quite frankly having been to, been through, and worked with a bunch of “leaders” and “leadership” courses, what Paul says and does in his own actions are what leadership looks like. If you want a look at it, his book Leadership and Training for The Fight should be the roadmap.

Agreed!

I spent two weeks at CSAT, over a two year period, to attend a couple of his courses. Read his book as well. He instills leadership foundational principles that are second to none. I got to be a TL during both courses and it was one of the best experiences of my career. Great, no bullshit, genuine trainer.

Kyle Lamb (VTAC) who comes from the same background as Paul Howe has a Leadership seminar called “Leadership in the Shadows,” which is well worth attending if you can find a slot. I’ve attended several of Kyle’s courses. Kyle has a podcast and book as well.

These two are tactical minded but their leadership principles extend everywhere in a team and organizational environment.

Unfortunately, my experience with organization sponsored courses or “Emerging Leaders” courses is that it’s a bunch of woke/academia bullshit and how to bend standards so that the leader is successful and the organization appears successful. They will describe it as “servant leadership” but when you tank standards, bend the knee to every antagonist group, and adjust facts to make your mission successful, you are only serving yourself and not your people or organization.

We had an Echelon Front day at my work. It wasn't Jocko but one of his partners.
They would be my recommendation.

OP
PredatorSlayer
Just thought I would bump this to the top to see if there are any other suggestions.

Harvard has a couple different leadership courses, in person or online.
I’ve done a few of the online courses in the past but trying to go in person this year.
MIT and Stanford also have different courses along the same lines.

jolemons

WKR
Global Leadership Summit. It's Christian based, but largely presented as secular and very approachable if you're not a Christian. Tremendous line-up of speakers in a short format TED Talk style presentation. Second to Echelon Front, I've found this to be the most impactful leadership conference I've attended.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

loadsandlattes

Lil-Rokslider
These are a few that I have gone to and would recommend:

• Dale Carnegie Skills for Success
  • The Ritz-Carlton Brand Experience
  • World of Concrete (specific to home building)
  • Builder Show (specific to home building)
  • Dave Ramsey's Entreleadership
  • Disney Institue (Leadership and Customer Service)
  • Global Leadership Summit (I actually just left this one a few hours ago)