Let the Patagonia boycotts begin

Trial153

WKR
It took some age for me to come to the realization that no one side /party is right on every issue. With the amount of money an special interest influence in politics it takes a special kind of sap for a regular red blooded American to tow the party line.

sneaky

"DADDY"
You do realize that public access and public land management does not exclusively entail conservation funding? While PR money MAY be used for a habitat enhancement on public land, hunters actually don't pay a significant amount of funding for general public land management. That is what Buzz was alluding to.

Yes, I agree that a PR type act pertaining to general land use/management would be a good thing. I don't pay a dime for using my mountain bike on USFS land. Maybe I should.
I knew what he was alluding to. I was saying that we pay to support the wildlife we pursue, time for them to ante up for their business built on access to public land. Almost all hunters and anglers own gear from most of these companies, so we would be supporting our sport from both sides.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JWP58

WKR
Not true, PR/DJ Funds are not going to federal land management agencies to manage federal lands. They go to State GF agencies to manage wildlife.

WE could all do more for funding federal land management, I agree. A good first step would be contacting your Senators and Representatives and tell them to start fully funding land management agencies.

Please define "fully funding".

dotman

WKR
I understand what you are saying to a point. A lot of the reason it is so high here is we are going through what Montana did 10 years ago. It is turning into a retirement mecca. There are no jobs here. The retirees come in and build huge homes. Kinda funny in a way. You see a shoddy 400 sqft cabin next to a 4k sqft log mcmansion. Trouble is, they are pricing out the locals. Most jobs here are around minimum wage or so. Kinda like sandpoint. Most of the homes there sit vacant 80% of the time. They are all vacation homes. Just sucks, that's all.

I hear housing is dirt cheap in Niehart. What you explained is exactly what happens when Californians take over and then realize winter is not for them.

whaack

WKR
I'm a libertarian leaning Republican and Trump is awful. He was elected because the other choice was even worse. That doesn't make him good.