Let’s say…

Ucsdryder

WKR
Let’s say, you’re an accountant. Let’s also say that there are 330 million people in the US and there are 15 million hunters in the US. Hunters make up 4.5% of the population and we are outnumbered by 315 million. Your whole platform is based on the philosophy that we need more hunters to have a bigger voice. If we doubled the hunters we’d still be less than 10% of the voting population! Our voice isn’t going to grow!!!!

Don’t forget, you’re an accountant, numbers are your life. You’re telling me that you THINK you’re really doing it for the good of hunting and not for your own benefit?

Just a little rant from someone that saw a tag jump from 4th choice to 1st choice this year… I know I know, quit your whining.

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
Its the new world bro...roll with it.

Think about this one;

Currently, Hunters are everyones whipping boy....

If every single hunter participated in defending hunting rights....we would outnumber the crazies and blow the out of the water. Especially since we are on the right side of this....

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
The number of voices does play a role but the actions of the voices can help or hurt the cause. Of the 330 million people in the US-probably a good 50-60% don't use their voice...for anything. The number of people voicing their ideas/values/opinions is considerably lower than the total population.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
The number of voices does play a role but the actions of the voices can help or hurt the cause. Of the 330 million people in the US-probably a good 50-60% don't use their voice...for anything. The number of people voicing their ideas/values/opinions is considerably lower than the total population.
Agreed. Now you’re at 150-160 million.

I’m a firm believer that there are hunters, non hunters, and anti hunters. The non hunters make up the lion share of the population. You’re not changing an antis viewpoint on anything, but you’re also not impacting a damn thing increasing the number of hunters…well I take that back, your effing up all the hunting opportunities for the current hunters.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
You know who wants to grow the number of hunters? The hunting industry.
Yep…all those that profit off hunters. Like guys that have podcasts and sponsors of those podcasts that expect them to grow their listener base so they can sell more crap. But don’t forget they are doing it for the animals and for you and me to increase our opportunities. 🤯

Last edited:

Dos XX

WKR
Yep…all those that profit off hunters. Like guys that have podcasts and sponsors of those podcasts that expect them to grow their listener base so they can sell more crap. But don’t forget they are doing it for the animals and for you and me.
I'm 61. You should see all the shit we killed without specialized clothing, $400 boots, ultra lightweight this and that, and without electronics.

So, not only do we have more hunters, they all have advanced technology and equipment making it easier to kill things. That said, I own my share of it, too.

Our voice isn’t going to grow!!!!
But our sphere of influence can.

I dont really have much of an opinion on the hunter recruitment thing. Tags are getting harder to acquire which sucks. However, everyone has the same right to them as I do.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I feel your pain! Pretty frustrating. Basically rendering previous year draw stats invalid, when tags do that. Best part is 90% of the yuppies who drew likely have never stepped foot in the unit and won’t before season so take a little comfort in knowing that most critters will go untouched

Last edited:

KHNC

WKR
I didn’t draw either 🤭
I didnt apply in CO this year since the MD area i hunt was pretty much devastated by snow and ice. Lucky if there will be any deer population again next year either.

HOWEVER, I got fkd in Wyoming with 4 points on ELK. Saw odds drop from 100% to 8.78% . Hell with the 1000's of new hunters lol.