Lets see those MMR and Cargo Panel configurations

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Got an MMR and a tactical cargo panel coming in. Id like to see how folks configure these. What bags are you using with your duplex? How do you configure yours and what pouches pullouts lock and loads do you use on your panel? I found a post from last year of this that was excellent. Anyone use the Duplex plus Cargo Panel and just configure their gear with that and the lock and loads? I cant wait to get this setup going. Here is the older post I found which was a big help.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/show...g-versatility-(one-modular-pack-fans-journey)

Thanks in advance.

EMR w/Grab-it

I sold my cargo panel, but have rigged my EMR with an HPG S20 bag and a Grab-it. It's a long story, but I sold my Duplex frame when the Bikini came out then sold the Bikini when my hunting plans changed. I missed the Duplex for hauling stands, etc. so I picked up a used EMR. I may go this route next year if my wife will let me go to CO next Sept...baby on the way. I plan on putting my "camp" in a 5-string and leaving that and some items from the HPG bag, then using the HPG bag along with the grab-it for a day pack. I had to do some modifying of the straps for the HPG bag and will need a couple compression straps with g-hooks to keep my bow in place on the back. With the two KU small belt pouches I come in at 5 lbs 4 oz. Sorry for the pics I just cobbled it together on a rainy day.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 60
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 65
Im going to look into that HPG bag thats pretty slick. Kind of like KU material Kifaru uses aye? This is kind of what Im going for also Edg but I want more modularity. Im going to use some Pods and L&L's to the Frame and Tactical Panel. Cant wait to get this thing and play it with. Sucks hunting is over for me for now but now I get to make the adjustments I have been planning to the gear. good stuff.

Oops..sideways. I would love to be able to get my MR BigHorn or similar size tri-zip bag to work on the Duplex. The Longbow that I tried kind of worked, but left a lot of space on the bottom of the frame which I suppose could be used to store the 5-string like I set this up. I do like pockets and organization...borderline OCD. The ultimate pack would be a 3000-3500 cu tri-zip like the Bighorn except with a couple long pockets on the outside rather than the inside. The gripe I had with the DT3 was that the top opening was kind of small. Another bonus would be if the long zipper was a two-way so that items in the bottom could be accessed without unzipping the whole front. Is anyone listening?

Sorry, I didn't mean to highjack the thread...I kind of got off subject.

Yep I have a Trizip I just got made by Camelbak. Its going into my configuration cause I can detach this and use it for my daypack. It even has loops built in to attach to a frame. Its setup just like the dragonslayer from MR. It is a trizip. Its about 2000 ci. and you nailed it with what I was thinking also. Throwing this as the top of the pack them using a Pod or 2 below. Nice thing about the Tactical Panel I can put a bunch of different L&Ls on the inside of the panel and just compress it all. I sure hope this MMR frame fits me better then the Timberline 2 I had. I am hoping the difference in suspension makes the difference for me. I struggled with the standard Timberline 2 suspension. Couldnt keep it up around my waist. But Im still working on it. Love Kifaru stuff.

Poor Aron has gotten a workout with me around and struggling with the belt situation. I told him I need to come down and have them design a fat guy belt for people like me who have no hip shelf and kind of a spare around the waist area. I think I could definitely be a good tester for this. Something that Cups the Fat =). As much as I hike and get out there this damn spare just wont go away =)

Poor Aron has gotten a workout with me around and struggling with the belt situation. I told him I need to come down and have them design a fat guy belt for people like me who have no hip shelf and kind of a spare around the waist area. I think I could definitely be a good tester for this. Something that Cups the Fat =). As much as I hike and get out there this damn spare just wont go away =)

I have the same issue with an R75 14 around the waist. Kind of hard to loose it at 46...especially with a pregnant wife that wants/needs to eat all the time. I am 6' 1" with a shorter torso and no ass so I tend to wear my pack a little higher with the buckle right at my belly button...using my muffin-top to keep everything up. The HPG bag is similar material to the KU stuff. Not bad for a $40 bag. I've had two Longbows and have gotten rid of both of those, but may get another unless Kifaru comes up with a tri-zip type bag...hint, hint.

Oops..sideways. I would love to be able to get my MR BigHorn or similar size tri-zip bag to work on the Duplex. The Longbow that I tried kind of worked, but left a lot of space on the bottom of the frame which I suppose could be used to store the 5-string like I set this up. I do like pockets and organization...borderline OCD. The ultimate pack would be a 3000-3500 cu tri-zip like the Bighorn except with a couple long pockets on the outside rather than the inside. The gripe I had with the DT3 was that the top opening was kind of small. Another bonus would be if the long zipper was a two-way so that items in the bottom could be accessed without unzipping the whole front. Is anyone listening?

Sorry, I didn't mean to highjack the thread...I kind of got off subject.

MR has a bag that is basically a 3,000 ci Longbow that I am thinking hard about buying.

MR has a bag that is basically a 3,000 ci Longbow that I am thinking hard about buying.

Me too...Overload I believe. I've been looking too and would like to buy one second hand if possible. I'm still hoping that K will come up with something with exterior side pockets like the Timberlines although a couple of rip-zips would be good because you could drop them if necessary and get use of the full number of CI.

This is kind of what Im looking to do. Aron has his panel laid out with all the Pouches

http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=401372&forum=5

I tried something similar to that too with an E & E and some skinny minis...a great set-up, but the E&E weighs a lot for what you get. A back pouch would be a better choice for weight savings I think. This is a very modular set-up and would be great for a daypack or extended stays. Sandwich an OR UL dry bag in there for longer stays.

yep that is something I fought with all year was my gear being all over and having to pack and unpack my bag. it got old and a lot of wasted time. So I vowed to fix it. after a lot research it lead me to this. I want to be able to keep things in order without dumping all my gear. but still have plenty of room for 10+ days. and if I make a kill still plenty of room to pack out meat. I can open the panel and all my gear is organized and can get to whatever I need...

This is the post I found that really got me excited about the Duplex Frame and Cargo Panel. So many different configurations you can do with this setup that its completely insane.

http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=25946

Another thing is after you buy the Duplex Frame and Cargo panel your not spending tons of money to add a pouch or Pod here and there. You can add at your own pace based on your needs gear your carrying in the field and if I get the itch to change things up it wont cost me a few 100 dollars to do so.

Back