Stone Glacier XCurve & Sky 5900 Field Report

Tex68w

WKR
Well how did it perform on those four miles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same as the last few times I've rucked with it, see my previous post. It's an excellent pack and frame, I would highly recommend both.

Last edited:

sr80

WKR
Mystery Ranch water bottle fits perfect too, ive actually put this on every pack ive had. MR, kifaru, kid carriers. Clips on with a buckle and 3 bar slider, and cant feel it at all.

Kurt has previously stated that the frame is 25.5"
;)

680c72d45ffa828fed53bade2196d5f0.jpg

ebd6e6f2ca6c0b21886ee6df4671b52e.jpg

OP
S
sr80,
Can you use one hand to get a Nalgene bottle in and out of the MR water bottle holder? Also, how do you like that new SG Accessory pocket? It looks like a nice size and I'm pondering adding one vs. the standard hip belt pocket. Thanks.

mvmnts

WKR
Big thanks for all the reviews and other content guys! The set I am looking at is backordered till March, so I pulled the trigger today and got my place in line. Need it early so I can start packing weight and getting in shape. Very excited!

sr80,
Can you use one hand to get a Nalgene bottle in and out of the MR water bottle holder? Also, how do you like that new SG Accessory pocket? It looks like a nice size and I'm pondering adding one vs. the standard hip belt pocket. Thanks.
I got one of those new belt pockets in when I placed my order (for someone else on the forum), I currently have two of the old style, large belt pockets and the new one is a little smaller. I don't think SG is making the old style pockets anymore.

sr80

WKR
sr80,

You betcha, thats why i love it so much. I really like the new belt pockets, very quick and easy to open and close. My S7 with otterbox, which i use for my camera fits in just right as well.

Weekender

WKR
Mystery Ranch water bottle fits perfect too, ive actually put this on every pack ive had. MR, kifaru, kid carriers. Clips on with a buckle and 3 bar slider, and cant feel it at all.

Looks like your pack field ready . Any chance you have pictures on how to attach your hose to your harness?

sr80

WKR
Looks like your pack field ready . Any chance you have pictures on how to attach your hose to your harness?

yep had it out a lot already. Love everything about this frame, and the talus 6900. I just attach it with a small velcro webbing keeper. I can post some pics once im home from work.

sr80

WKR
Here's how i have it setup, with the water bladder hose, also have the gun bearer strap below that. On the other shoulder strap i have my clip for my gps with tether bungee

Weekender

WKR
Here's how i have it setup, with the water bladder hose, also have the gun bearer strap below that. On the other shoulder strap i have my clip for my gps with tether bungee

Nice work looks dialed in. Thanks for the picture.

mmw194287

WKR
Well, my 5900 arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier with the bag layout. The panel access is great, and the outside pocket is the perfect size for my Razor 85mm, rear bag, and pullout with shooting/digiscoping gear. Room to stuff in a hat and gloves as well. It looks a little tight in the photo, but it zips open and closed quite easily. The big outside pocket was what really attracted me to this bag design, and it turned out to be exactly what I was hoping for. Haven't had a chance to pack any weight with it yet, but I have every confidence that it will meet or exceed the performance I enjoyed with the Krux+ Talus 6900 (which was excellent). Willing to take any other photos if anybody has questions that might be answered with a visual. Can't wait to take it out for spring bear!

20170227_133314.jpg

20170227_133137.jpg

R_burg

WKR
Well, my 5900 arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier with the bag layout. The panel access is great, and the outside pocket is the perfect size for my Razor 85mm, rear bag, and pullout with shooting/digiscoping gear. Room to stuff in a hat and gloves as well. It looks a little tight in the photo, but it zips open and closed quite easily. The big outside pocket was what really attracted me to this bag design, and it turned out to be exactly what I was hoping for. Haven't had a chance to pack any weight with it yet, but I have every confidence that it will meet or exceed the performance I enjoyed with the Krux+ Talus 6900 (which was excellent). Willing to take any other photos if anybody has questions that might be answered with a visual. Can't wait to take it out for spring bear!

View attachment 47727

View attachment 47728

How are you liking the 5900 compared to your 6900? Any pros or cons between the two?

tito_zako

FNG
thanks for the awesome review!
have you had a chance to try an exo?
curious how it would compare.
I have one, and have found it makes my lower back hurt!