Let's see your mountain goat pics!

KineKilla

WKR
Found this one this morning while scouting.
a7cbfdd9597f678d258c46f3014c17d0.jpg
cfceab523cd7818fe8c2e81b06b25245.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

KineKilla

WKR

Just starting to field judge these critters. At first I thought this might be a small billy but the more I watch I think he may actually be a pretty good one.

NUGGET

WKR
I’ve never had them scored. I tried scoring this one myself and it was 53” ish. I got a few really old goats at 10-12yrs. I hope I can help new goat hunters. I’m not in the “any goat is a trophy” camp. We can do better and selectively hunt this species.
Easy to say when you can hunt them every year like we can in AK. One can even say the same for sheep, like the ram you killed in unit 13 could of used another couple years 😀. To each their own and perspectives change as one gets older, more experience etc...

Bighorse

WKR
Easy to say when you can hunt them every year like we can in AK. One can even say the same for sheep, like the ram you killed in unit 13 could of used another couple years 😀. To each their own and perspectives change as one gets older, more experience etc...
You mean the 38" full curl 7yr old ram my 13yr old daughter killed and was subsequently stolen by a wolverine. That one?

a06b90d5114ef3ac98243639820b863b.jpg

1c8b5c99b556cd47910538fd83fc847b.jpg

Here’s a nanny and kid that hung out with me glassing for mule deer last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NUGGET

WKR
You mean the 38" full curl 7yr old ram my 13yr old daughter killed and was subsequently stolen by a wolverine. That one?
Yeah. And let’s not forget that delta ram. Like I said, experience changes perspectives. Nothing wrong with the guy that blasts a 3 year old billy or nanny. To each their own. No need to try to shame people.
Good luck this fall!

Yeah. And let’s not forget that delta ram. Like I said, experience changes perspectives. Nothing wrong with the guy that blasts a 3 year old billy or nanny. To each their own. No need to try to shame people.
Good luck this fall!

Sorry man, there's a massive difference between taking a 7 year old ram and a 3 year old nanny... any biologist can confirm that.

NUGGET

WKR
Sorry man, there's a massive difference between taking a 7 year old ram and a 3 year old nanny... any biologist can confirm that.
Different how? A 7 year old ram isn’t even legal in Alaska. A 3 year old nanny is. Biologically how can you compare the two?

Different how? A 7 year old ram isn’t even legal in Alaska. A 3 year old nanny is. Biologically how can you compare the two?

Full curl ram isn't legal in Alaska?

I meant the effect on population/herd by taking a 3 year old nanny vs a 7 year old ram.

NUGGET

WKR
How can you compare the two biologically? That doesn’t make sense. Two different species 😂

what I called out with big horse is him calling out people for shooting young goats but he kills young sheep. Don’t be a hypocrite and if it’s legal who are we to judge?

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Some Colorado Goats!! Would be interested in other members projected scores, and length. First close up is a lone Billy. Second is a good CO Billy in front, a young billy behind him, and a Nannie. These two billy's are on the Hit list for September!!
imagejpeg_0(1).jpg
20200809_070105.jpg

KineKilla

WKR
The mass that the older billy carries is impressive. A lot easier to identify a mature billy vs. juvenile when they are close together and your optics afford you a clear view.

Separate them by a good distance or in separate encounters and it may be hard to decide. Unless you hunt them often and have developed an eye for their size.

Wish they were here in Ut. I may try to steal one from ya if so...lol