Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Team AllTerra

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Due to the popularity of our stocks we're now looking at a 6-8week turn around. Don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to know more. Ron would be happy to chat with you.He LOVES talking about guns. He's at 208.203.1227

I ordered an axial stock first week of May and it was done this week. They were great to work with.

R_burg

WKR
I was thinking the same thing -- but this being my first use of a gunsmith for custom gun, wasn't sure how to approach it. Shooting the gun for first time tomorrow, so hopefully it shoots. Probably won't be revisiting that gunsmith.
Huge argument on the interwebz, re: how challenging it is to remove an OEM tikka barrel.

PVA, who makes fantastic barrels, won't remove one without a relief cut because it's not worth his time to mess with it in case it's a PITA.

Other people swear it's the easiest thing ever.

Point I'm making is, it doesn't mean your smith sucks, but he probably should have spent 5 mins googling and he would have figured out to make a relief cut if he was struggling with it.

Huge argument on the interwebz, re: how challenging it is to remove an OEM tikka barrel.

PVA, who makes fantastic barrels, won't remove one without a relief cut because it's not worth his time to mess with it in case it's a PITA.

Other people swear it's the easiest thing ever.

Point I'm making is, it doesn't mean your smith sucks, but he probably should have spent 5 mins googling and he would have figured out to make a relief cut if he was struggling with it.

OP wanted to sell the take-off so a relief cut wasn’t ideal either

Somehow I doubt the 50 bucks a used Tikka pencil barrel was gonna fetch would affect him much, given his carbon proof barrel + McMillan stock build.

Yeah, that’s not how this works, regardless of what you predict about his financial situation.

R_burg

WKR
Yeah, that’s not how this works, regardless of what you predict about his financial situation.
Figured I would get some response like that.

Worrying about selling a stock pencil thin tikka barrel is a fools errand. Make the relief cut and call it a day.

fatbacks

WKR
Figured I would get some response like that.

Worrying about selling a stock pencil thin tikka barrel is a fools errand. Make the relief cut and call it a day.

I guess I’m a fool because my take off barrel that I sold paid for some Hawkins rings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatbacks

WKR
Damn, I like that. What was the turnaround time on the stock? Was it drop-in, or was there some work required to get it inletted appropriately?

Mine was right about 4 weeks. But as answered above looks like they are a bit more backed up right now.

Fantastic stock but like others said needs a small amount of work to bed it, pillars and bed recoil lug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R_burg

WKR
Alright we concede, we’re all fools, now see yourself out.
Its a forum, I've been here for years. Your opinion is as viable as mine.

IMO: Your time + cost to do what you explained in your post a couple pages ago to save a T3x pencil barrel, even if you're somehow finding buyers that are willing to pay 3x the value for the barrel (hell, almost every CTR take-off barrel I've seen has sold for 125-150) isn't worth it versus bringing it to a smith and having a relief cut made. Especially considering you could mar the action as that wheeler wrench, while usable, is pretty cheap and not exactly high quality.

Thats my opinion as to what someone in that situation should do, which is just as viable as yours and others may find useful.

khuber84

WKR
Its a forum, I've been here for years. Your opinion is as viable as mine.

IMO: Your time + cost to do what you explained in your post a couple pages ago to save a T3x pencil barrel, even if you're somehow finding buyers that are willing to pay 3x the value for the barrel (hell, almost every CTR take-off barrel I've seen has sold for 125-150) isn't worth it versus bringing it to a smith and having a relief cut made. Especially considering you could mar the action as that wheeler wrench, while usable, is pretty cheap and not exactly high quality.

Thats my opinion as to what someone in that situation should do, which is just as viable as yours and others may find useful.
An items value is what someone is willing to pay, that simple. If he was able to sell his oem barrel for 125$ or make a trade for the rings, where's our position to be critical of his business interactions? You don't know times I've written a response to someones post, but erased it due to the fact we all have opinions and desires which are usually far different than our own, it's called being an individual. I congratulate the individual for getting the value he did for the item in discussion. Not all have deep pockets or disposable income that can be thrown at rifle builds. Recouping all the funds possible is a great idea. I recently sold the oem plastic stock and 6.5 creed barrel off a Tikka for 150$ this brought the cost of the donor action for the build to under 400$. Get the most you can for your items you're selling. Only wrong in that is if your misleading the purchaser.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Starting to receive more parts for my next T3X build, and I’m getting excited.

AG Composites Stock and High Desert Bottom Metal both arrived 😎

Attachments

• 9BB18BCA-16F6-42D5-9BF5-2250E859D89C.jpeg
    9BB18BCA-16F6-42D5-9BF5-2250E859D89C.jpeg
    518.6 KB · Views: 299
  • 75AD2A2E-AAF2-413A-B557-3A894A1CF967.jpeg
    75AD2A2E-AAF2-413A-B557-3A894A1CF967.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 306
  • 31D940F8-3C08-4FE8-80E8-BB369AB8EF93.jpeg
    31D940F8-3C08-4FE8-80E8-BB369AB8EF93.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 293

Spoonbill

WKR
Finally get to post in this thread since my stock showed up today.
Tikka T3 with Mtn Tactical bottom metal, Atlasworx bolt shroud and bolt and AG Composites Alpine Hunter stock.
Right now it has vx3i 4.5-14.

May end up cerakoting it if the funds allow.

Attachments

• C974A336-B4CC-4286-943D-DAEC4AD67200.jpeg
    C974A336-B4CC-4286-943D-DAEC4AD67200.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 320